Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
2. Have you had your birthday yet?
yup! march! i have another one soon-ish!!!
3. Cried yet?
4. Been on a diet?
5. Pulled an all nighter?
never in my life
6. Drank Starbucks?
7. Went Camping?
not this year. :(
8. Bought something(s)?
9. Met someone special?
yes ma'am. i have. love the special someone.
10. Been out of state?
it helps that my family moved out of state. :-)
12. What are you thinking about?
my boy. i miss him!!
1.) Hugged someone?
yup! love the hugs!!
2.) Slept in someone else's bed?
he he he. i've been sleeping in my sister's bed for the past week. so the answer is yes.
3.) Got a job?
three of them. :-) i teach dance at a studio, on campus, and i'm a secretary. wahoo!
4.) Loaned out money?
sort of, yes.
5.) Gotten in a car accident?
6.) Gone over your mobile phone bill?
a few times.
7.) Been called a slut?
in a way. yes. but only in the most lovingly way. ;)
8.) Done something you regret?
once or twice, but i try to not regret the decisions i make in lilfe.
Last Person you hugged?
um. my mom or dad.
Last Person to call you?
SwingKid!! love him.
When was the last time you felt stupid?
all the time.
Who did you last yell at?
um. who knows.
What did you do today?
went shopping, played a new game with the family, and then went to a YSA activity with my sister....that was festive. (not really.)
TEN FACTS :
02. Natural hair color?
04. Hair style?
short. i flip it out occasionally - sort of Alice Cullen-esque from Twilight.
5. Eye color?
i have a fish! named bob!
09. Where would you rather be?
with SwingKid. even if it's full where he is is full of snow.
10. What was the last thing you drank?
weird soda stuff.
TEN THINGS ABOUT YOUR LOVE LIFE:
01. Have you ever been in love:
02. Do you believe in love?
yes i do.
03. Why did your LAST relationship fail?
well...the timing was off. and then it got back on track. interesting things.
04. Have you ever been heartbroken:
05. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
i tihnk so.
06. Have you ever fallen for your best friend?
hmm... nope. She's a girl, and I'm just not into that...
07. Have you ever liked someone but never told them?
08. Are you afraid of commitment?
not at all.
10. Have you had more than 5 different serious relationships in your life?
not serious ones.
01. Are you missing someone right now?
yeah, i am.
02. Are you happy?
yes yes yes!!
03. Are you eating anything?
not right now.
Friday, December 26, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I’m leaving….on a jet plane! Actually, I already left. See, I would have posted earlier, but with the my last minute packing, the yucky weather, and the fact that I didn’t have any wireless in the airport (at least, not without forking out $8) we’re posting this post flight. J Getting through security at SL Int’l was a piece of cake. I got to the airport at 7:25 and getting through security took me 30 minutes. So I sat at my gate for an hour and a half people watching, taking pictures and talking to my parents and SwingKid.
Speaking of SwingKid…get got me a great Christmas present. I was really happy about it. He got me these sweet slippers that have little heat packs in them that I put in the microwave so that my toes can be all toasty warm during the cold months. I put them in my bags for Virginia and I’m sure they’ll keep my feet extra toasty warm in the really cold, old house. J In any case, my feet will never be cold again and I have a sweet boyfriend to thank for that. He loved his present y the way. I got him an awesome Threadless T –shirt and the Dr. Horrible’s Sing A-long Blog Soundtrack. He’s going to love me forever. He he he. We watched two awesome movies yesterday. One at the dollar theater : Ghost Town. Really super funny and had me wishing I had an awesome English accent. However, SwingKid did favor me in his rendition of his English accent. It was really cute. Later that evening we watched Hero, an awesome martial arts kind of film. Slow moving…we fast forwarded a majority of the movie. Then later that night I said good-bye for the next 13 days. L This was sad, but it will be good for us to be apart for a little bit, and let’s behonest; I’m going to have so much fun with my family! Also…he’s picking me up from the airport when I come back and that’s going to be the most awesome thing ever! J
The flight was fairly uneventful...the only thing i ever really noticed was ascent and descent and that felt like an amusment park ride. Which was fun and festive. I cried when I saw my mom and dad and we went to Subway after finally finding my duffel bag. I am now sitting in my house in Virginia. it's cute and quaint. I'll post pictures later...for the meantime, enjoy your fun times! Loves!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
an update on senor guapo....he's going to need some belts replaced and a new water pump...which Buddy has to move the timing belt to get to all of that...which equals a lot of labor. We're talking $580 to fix my little car. sigh. I hate fixing cars. Oh well...it must be done!
SwingKid has been marvelous though. He took me to Springville last night to teach and was such a sweetheart. We watched a wonderful movie last night: 84 Charring Cross Road. Such a wonderful movie. I loved it. :-) He and I are exchanging gifts tonight, and I'm really excited to see his face with his presents. :o) sigh. he's awesome.
Now to finish up my last 3 hours of work before my Christmas break begins!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
2. Real tree or Artificial? well...i do love a real tree, but i'm okay with artificial. As long as I have a scented pine candle. :)
3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime between the weekend after Thanksgiving and the the first weekend in December. It really depends.
4. When do you take the tree down? um. after Christmas. At some point.
5. Do you like eggnog? I really do love eggnog. but only in small amounts.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? um...i think my favorite gift from childhood is the porcelain doll my grandma gave me.
7. Hardest person to buy for? um. my parents. usually.
8. Easiest person to buy for? my littlest sister.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? it's small, but adorable.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail. definitely mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? my brother once gave me this really funny looking reindeer. i had no idea what to do with it.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? my new favorite is Christmas in Connecticut. It's a girl's night in tradition.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? whenever i find something that works for a gift. Once I bought my parent's gift in August.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? um...not that i can recall. but who knows, maybe i have.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love my mom's frozen pumpkin ice cream pie. yummy yummy yummy.
16. Lights on the tree? yes. especially white lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells and Bring a Torch Jeanette Isabella
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? this year i'm traveling!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? i think so.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? we open one on Christmas eve. the rest on Christmas day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? when Christmas music is played non-stop too soon.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? non in particular.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? HAM!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? my family! also...I want an iPod so I can use it for teaching. :)
Friday, December 12, 2008
let's start with TAMNers....she's an amazing writer with fun(ny) ideas and she has GOOD stuff...so be sure to stop in at her blog and enter.
next we have...Design Mom! She's doing 12 giveaways for the 12 days of Christmas. Awesome stuff guys. really awesome.
Next on the list is Kami over at It's No Biggie. She has a really fun giveaway asking for your favorite Christmas story/song. So fun!
Last, but not least, Gretchen is hosting a giveaway of beautiful vintage cards. They are absolutely gorgeous and I would love to have those to use!!
So go my friends. Wander out into the blogging world and enter into some giveaways. They are all fantastic. I hope I win!!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
I have one for when I go to VA to see my wonderful family. We're at 8 days friends. 8 days. I cannot believe that in just about a week, I get to see my family. I am super duper excited.
In 7 days (one week) I will be completely done with my last Fall semester at BYU.
Also! My senior project proposal...the new one...was ACCEPTED! YAY! I really WILL graduate in April!!!
15 days until Christmas...
In 21 days I will be back in Cougartown. Now, this is exciting and sad....sad because then I won't see my family for a long time again, but exciting because SwingKid will be picking me up from the aiport ON New Year's Eve....thus guaranteeing me being able to spend New Year's with my boyfriend for the first time in my life. I rock.
I think that is all of my countdowns for the time being...enjoy your Wednesday!
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Sunday, December 07, 2008
Saturday, December 06, 2008
Friday, December 05, 2008
Thursday, December 04, 2008
but it was totally worth every minute.
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
SwingKid: You finished?Alishka Babushka: :) i am done teaching. Now i'm just getting some stuff done in the stuido before FHE. Do you have plans for FHE?SwingKid: I do. I'm hoping in vain that i can work tonigght. I'll call later.Alishka Babushka: :) awesome. I hope you can get a shift in too. I am giving the lesson and I just realized I left it at work. Guess i'll be swinging by there before going home. :PSwingKid:Dang. well, have fun.Alishka Babushka: I will :-) you too!
Monday, December 01, 2008
- write one 6-8 page research paper
- create an 8-minute presentation on said research paper
- choreograph 1/2 of my modern composition piece
- create a 12-minute presentation for my Somatics class
- choreograph 2 minutes of choreography for my ballet composition piece
- Finish Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
- Visit/hang out with SwingKid and see Quantum of Solace
- create a study sheet for my D190 class' final exam
- decorate my apartment for Christmas
- Dye my hair (it was a great success!!!)
- go to my old parent's house in payson, do my laundry
- update my Modern journal
- Hang out with Doctor Teeth
- create lesson plans for my ballet classes
- go to d.i. (probably won't happen until finals week...)
- go rock climbing
- Finish my Christmas shopping (later this week!)
- don't die....