Thursday, April 03, 2008

Steadfast and Immovable

Mosiah 5:15
Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who created all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen.

I had this scripture come to me today while I was at work. Add that to the fact that Chilly and I were having a somewhat deep, religious conversation and my thoughts were stirred, the following post came to me. :-)

I don't know where to start, there are so many thoughts running through my head about the gospel and things I would like to post about, but I think the first area I want to start is based off of President Eyering's talk from the YW broadcast that I went to. President Eyering talked about life and the light that we have to guide us through. This is something that I needed to be reminded of. Right now there are a lot of crazy decisions that I have to make right now. So the gentle reminder that I have already chosen to make the journey of life in the light, was a very nice one.

President Eyering said that "if Satan can get us to wander, he can do harm and bring misery to many." This is so true! So how do we avoid wandering? We need to find friends that will help us from wandering. These friends can help us get closer to the light, or Christ, but at the same time they can also pull us away. This is why picking good friends is so important in our lives. I am so grateful for the wonderful friends I have! They are amazing to me! I have such a strong support system in my life and it amazes me all the time. Something that President Eyering said in quoting Moroni is that because we in this day are so valuable, some of our trials may be more severe than we would like; however, the way has been prepared for us. We have an amazingly loving Savior who has paved the path and shown us the way. The path is lit with his example, light, and love. We need to remember to have faith to pray that we will feel the illumination of the Spirit.

President Eyering said in closing, "I promise you that within the next few days you will feel the illumination of the Spirit of Christ and the Holy Ghost in your everyday life. When you walk in the light, you will feel at that moment some of the warmth and the happiness that will finally be yours when you are welcomed home again with the hundreds and perhaps thousands of others whom you will bring with you, who have walked in the light because you did." This is so amazing to me. I know that shortly after this talk I did feel the illumination of the Spirit. It was so strong that I realized it was something that I really wanted to have every day in my life!

This is something I am striving for. I am striving to live in the light. I testify that the light is the place to be, it is wonderful. I want to be there for my friends and help them find the light like they are helping me find the light. So to all y'all out there, THANK YOU for helping guide me to the light that helps guide my life. I hope that you know that I am there for you, and if you need anything please ask. This gospel is so amazingly true and I love every aspect of it. It is so exciting to be a part of something so marvelous.

0 comments: