Tuesday, December 26, 2006
so in review what i got this year...or at least my favorites. :D
the foot massager spa. this is so cool. it has heat, vibration, bubbles, jet, and cool little tools to massage your feet. it's awesome. i love it. and it feels really really cool.
next...the george foreman grill. i am so excited to go home and cook on this tonight. awesome. :) it should be an adventure and give me some good food too. :D
i love this because i can go out and buy my own shoes. whatever ones i want or need at any given time. yep...pretty cool stuff gift cards are. now i just have to go out and use it. :D
my new byu hoodie!!! i have wanted one of these for a long long time. and i am very excited to have one now. mine doesn't quite look like this one, but it's very similair. and is dark blue. and says cougars on the sleeve. it's very warm and soft. and i like it. i can now show off my true colors any where i go. wahoo!
okay so this is really cool too. i got the Cirque du Soleil KA CD. and man...it's really really cool. i love the music on it. its just good!!! and sounds cool. :D
and last but not least is my theraband. i got a new one. it's dark black...darker then this one. which means its hard strength which is good so i can work out my feet more. i also got (but not pictured) a rolling pin, mostly to roll out my sore calves, but if i need to cook with it...so be it. :) i also got some tennis balls which are great to get knots out of a back or legs or whatever. so all in all i got some much needed dance training type stuff, and other items as well. makes me happy. i need to go update my wish list now for my birthday....refer to countdown for how many days. wahoo! ciao!
Friday, December 22, 2006
so i get to go home tonight for christmas. i am so excited. i can't believe that christmast is in just 3 days!!! it seems to come faster with finals so close to the actual holiday. i remember last year when it seemed to take AGES for christmas to get here, or when i was a little girl and it would take an eternity. Christmas Eve always seemed SOOOO long!! incredible how things change. :D
so my boss gave me a project to work on while i'm working during the break (i'm just taking a break from my project, you'll see why in a minute)
so we have a professor who is retiring and she has an office full of books. and i mean full of books.
it makes me think of beauty and the beast and the beast's library... that's how many books this professor has. :S anyways, she is going to be taking some with her, leaving some here, and some of her colleauges and students and what not are going to come and get some as well...except she has no idea exactly what she has or how many copies of what she has. so guess what? i get to go through and type up the title and author of EVERY SINGLE BOOK/MAGAZINE/JOURNAL that she has. it's crazy i tell you. it gives me something to do, but man alive it is so tedious. plus i have to stand on the desk/ladder to get to the books. and they're hard to reach! but alas....it's my job. and i get paid to do it. so its all good.
well...i should probably get back to my lovely book project. Merry Christmas!!!!
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
i have taken 3 finals. i have 2 more. tomorrow. so today will be spent in studying for said finals, visiting teaching, and relaxing. :D christmas is in 6 days, which is hard to believe. and i am super excited for next semester's classes. hurrah! and for now, that is all. :D
Friday, December 15, 2006
for example, i hurt my ankle a week and a half ago and had to video tape my FINAL for my 3 ballet classes on monday. that wasn't pleasant. I did well enough, but it could have been so much better had my ankle been 100% instead of only 75%. bah. oh well.
another woe: my ridiculous music class required for my major. where i bang on an african drum for hours on end, my hands get dry and alas, i am no better dancer musically. blech.
woe #3: biology. who in the world decided it would be cool to require everyone to take bio 100? i certainly am not the culprit. but here i am taking the stupid class....because i have to. how i hate ge's...
there are many more woes, but that's all i want to complain about...for now. :D overall i am very excited that this semester is over and that i have a new one coming up in which i get to start fresh and can kind of relax. i get to work full time during christmas (promises to pay well, but be extremely boring...lol) and i'll probably post some more during that time. about who knows what. oh i know! i tell y'all how i got closure with the whole boyfriend thing...but that will have to wait for another day. for now, i am going to go and finish my student ratings for my professors and their classes. oh joy. :S ciao.
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
so i had a marvelous time with the fam chillin' it down at thanksgiving, and one of my favorite parts about thanskgiving this year was the part in which we went christmas tree hunting. this was an adventure and a half thanks to the craziness of my family.
so this year we decided to go up the canyon and pick out a tree and cut it down. here is a picture of the tree in the wild:
it would end up being a 12-ft tree... yikes! so after we cut it down we started dragging the tree...
at this point we start to realize just how big the tree is...but we carry on...so we finally got our huge tree in the back of the trailer. here we are driving it home... so many hours later and a bazillion measurements later we realize that the tree is too tall to fit in the living room. so we brought it down to a 10-ft tree, then realizing it was 6-ft wide while our house only has 3-ft wide doors... so we try to stuff it in the house, and then it gets stuck in the door. :D we finally got it in the house and we all start to wonder how it's going to stand and where its going to fit...hmmm...so...the tree ends up being too tall still, took up 3/4 of the living room and bent our tree stand. so we cut off two more feet making it an eight foot tree and bought a new tree stand in the corner. i don't have a picture yet of the final product...but it's a beautiful tree. :D and man...it was an adventure and a half and isn't something any of us will forget anytime soon. :D
since then i have been through a long/short week (it was both...if that makes sesne) and now its friday. I have a date w/a guy from the ward on saturday to world of dance and then on sunday my teddy bear is going to come with me to the first presidency christmas devotional and on thursday my friend JN is going to come with me to my work christmas party, which i am way excited about. :D so life is good, i'm dating other people and i am so much better off w/out my boyfriend. hurrah for life being good!!! :D ciao!
Saturday, November 18, 2006
We went on a walk last night and he told me that he thought I was awesome and that he really liked going out with me, but that he hadn't felt that 'connection' and that he wanted to take a break. Whatever that means. I told him I understand, and that that is okay.
Actually, it's way okay. I was talking with my co-worker yesterday about Boyfriend and how I was surprized that we were still dating cause I didn't think we'd make it to the holiday season (I was so right!). And that I wasn't feeling a special connection either. I just felt like it was normal and that we were just having fun, but I have never felt that I loved him. Never. Liked, yes, loved, no. Especially after my patriarchal blessing and a blessing my dad gave me at the beginning of the year, I was inclined to say that Boyfriend wasn't him. And I'm pretty sure he's not. And you know what? That's okay! I got some more experience with boys and dating (and what it's like when the boy does pretty much all the asking and i only asked him on like 2 dates) and that will benefit me in the future.
Plus I have two missionaries coming home in the next 6 months or so (one in february and one in july...that's longer than six months but oh well.) and i really want to go on a couple of dates with the feb. missionary, but i also feel that the july missionary is a super good friend of mine and i don't think i can just let that friendship go. so we'll see. in the meantime, i am having a blast with ballet showcase and am loving life. and i'm ready for the holidays.
Monday, November 13, 2006
b= boyfriend is a sweetheart. :D
c= cougars are ranked in the BCS!! http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C650206722%2C00.html
The Cougars' No. 23 ranking in the AP Poll is the highest ranking in any poll since being ranked 19th in the Dec. 9, 2001 Associated Press poll. This week also marks the first time BYU has been ranked in the Coaches Poll since Sept. 8, 2002—a week before losing to Nevada, 31-28. It is the first time BYU has ever been ranked in the newly created Harris Interactive Poll.
d= danced a lot
e= exceptional food made by my boyfriend.
g= good. it was good to see some people i haven't seen for ages!
h=happy. i was very happy to be done with the show.
and i'm done creating things i did this weekend for each letter. it takes too much thinking. :) so just know that things went well, and i'm excited for thanksgiving!!!
Sunday, November 12, 2006
life is just good. i have no complaints. ciao.
life is just good. i have no complaints. ciao.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Monday, November 06, 2006
First Time in Five Years!!!! YEAH!!!! Week 11 AP Top 25
1. Ohio State (65) 10-0
2. Michigan 10-0
3. Louisville 8-0
4. Texas 9-1
5. Auburn 9-1
6. Florida 8-1
7. USC 7-1
8. California 8-1
9. Notre Dame 8-1
10. West Virginia 7-1
11. Arkansas 8-1
12. LSU 7-2
13. Tennessee 7-2
14. Boise State 9-0
15. Rutgers 8-0
16. Wisconsin 9-1
17. Oklahoma 7-2
18. Wake Forest 8-1
19. Georgia Tech 7-2
20. Virginia Tech 7-2
21. Oregon 7-2
22. Boston College 7-2
23. Maryland 7-2
24. Texas A&M 8-2
25. Brigham Young 7-2
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Monday, October 30, 2006
next: a calming weekend.
i really did have a calming weekend, i spent a lot of time on homework, rehearsal (our show is in 11 days!!! YIKES!!!) and a date with the Boyfriend. :) which leads us into...
now, when i'm just friends w/someone and i take someone home, it's not a big deal. my fam lives close and they are usually chill with me bringing people home whenever. so it wasn't a huge thing when Boyfriend met my fam at a family dinner party for my dad's b-day. but....i went to his bro-in-law's b-day bbq, it felt slightly different. i mean, we're dating now, so we're holding hands the entire time and what not, and i just had a feeling that his family was looking and getting to know me not from the point of us just being friends, but from the point of me being a girlfriend. i mean, i was chill with it, but it just felt different. :)
all in all i am enjoying this whole dating business. it's different that's for sure, but i like it. and now, i must leave you. ciao.
Monday, October 23, 2006
Friday after school:
I picked up the car from my p-rents and went to the store to pick up some caramels for our caramel apple dipping party that was to be that night.
I went home ate dinner, and then went to the RB to meet the Ballet Showcase girls for our party, which was SO much fun. I got home about 10:30 that night and was in bed about 11.
Saturday I woke up at 6:30 am so i could be at the RB to warm up for rehearsal that started at 7:30, and rehearsed until 12. i got home, ate lunch, watched the game while i cut out stars/whole punched stars for the enrichment activity. i took a shower, went and picked up food @ catering which took 15 minutes to get there, 5 to pick up the food, and 30 minutes to go home b/c the football games was just getting out it was ridiculous!!!!! then me and my board went up to the stake center and set up for the activity, which went VERY well. I got home about 8p and called BG (who i've been out with many times now) i went over to his apt. and we watched Aladdin, which is just a classic. Well...during the movie he held my hand. :D
I got home Saturday night at 11:30, was in bed by 12.
Sunday I woke up at 6 am to get ready for a Stake Leadership Meeting at 7 am. Then I went home to Hometown so I could be there for my lil bro's ordination to be a Teacher. Good stuff. Then I came back to CougarTown and cleaned my room, ate dinner, did some other things and went to bed at 10:10ish.
so you see, i had no time this weekend for homework. but i did hold BG's hand....and it made me happy. I guess you could say I have myself a boyfriend. i kinda like the sound of that. ciao.
Monday, October 09, 2006
anyways BG picked me up at 6:30 and we went to Bajio's...which is a very yummy place to eat. mmmm....and then we went back to his apartment and watched What about Bob? Which i had never seen before...it was HILARIOUS!!!! I loved it so much! then we ate some ice cream and sat and talked forever. we just talk and talk and talk. its one of those great things that i love. :D
then on sunday, he called me (it hadn't even been 24 hours yet, i think that that's a good sign.) and he asked if we could go on a walk, so off we went. it was an enjoyable walk, and i had a great time.
we got some good cuddling in this weekend, but no holding hands...i think that will come soon though... :D and now...back to work. ciao.
Friday, October 06, 2006
i just have to get through tonight first....but i think i can do that, i'm going to study like mad, eat a good dinner, do a load of laundry so i can wear a cute outfit for tomorrow, and go to bed early so i can be up in time for my 7am call for rehearsal tomorrow. sigh....it shall be a busy weekend, and now, i best be back to work. ciao.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Friday, September 15, 2006
Now you're probably wondering how this all came to be, well...I got pulled aside during class today, and J* the co-director of BSC (ballet showcase company) asked if i could come to rehearsal tomorrow morning. I said yes, and asked why. She said, "because I want you in my peice, and we would like to put you on the company" I said yes of course, and then after technique class, S*the other co-director of BSC pulled me aside and told me that she really appreciated my attitude after the auditions (which were almost 3 weeks ago) and that she said she noticed that I had been working very hard, and as long as I keep working on those things that she and I talked about after the audition, then I could come up after class and sign the contract. So that's how it came to be. I am on the company!!!!!! I am SO stoked! You have no idea!!!!!!!! : D that's all. ciao!
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Friday, September 01, 2006
second off: BYU FOOTBALL!!! opening game TOMORROW!!!! SWEET!!! we're watching it, at my place. so you should come. I am so STOKED!!!!! hopefully we're as good as we think we are. ;)
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Olympia, Washington Tacoma, Washington Cincinnati, Ohio Bloomington, Indiana Springfield, Missouri Ann Arbor, Michigan Seattle, Washington Kent, Washington Provo-Orem, Utah Boise, Idaho Colorado Springs, Colorado Anchorage, Alaska Bellingham, Washington Overland Park, Kansas Topeka, Kansas Rochester, Minnesota Fort Collins, Colorado Denver, Colorado Salt Lake City, Utah Grand Rapids, Michigan Spokane, Washington Great Falls, Montana Evansville, Indiana Ogden, Utah
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
so i volunteered (actually it was more like would you? and i said yes...) to work for commencement on friday. doing this earned me a free lunch at the Thai Ruby on monday with everyone else that worked my particular college's commencement (the college i work for, not school for...) well....in going to this lunch i got better acquainted with the dean's office student secretary (how about DS for short?) and met 2 people from the advisment center (about advisment girl, and advisment boy?) so...we were all talking, and advisement boy (now AB) asks AG (advisement girl) who has a bf who is out of town to go to the symphony with him that night, because DS has a date with AB's friend, and then he mentions that his other roommate needs a date, and DS and AG decide that AB should set me up with AB's Roommate. got that? SO....I say sure, and he says he'll call me at work after lunch to confirm details.
1:50 rolls around and AB calls me, and asks if I still want to go, I say sure and he says that his roommate (we'll call him the Blind Date or BD) will be taking me, we're going out to dinner and to be ready at 6:30p. So BD is late in picking me up because AB got lost, which is all good and off we went. We went to Rumbi Grill (which has the best food i think of many places that I have been to eat) and then we went to the Utah Symphony. Which was AMAZING!!! They played an evening of dances so it included many a Hungarian, Slavanic dances, AND they played stuff from Swan Lake (I SO wanted to get up and dance!!) and they played the Summer movement from Vivaldi's Four Seasons. It was beautiful. and I loved it. And the date wasn't awkward AT ALL. Unlike my last blind date...so yeah. Way fun. And my date is going to be a Law Student this fall, and he had a great sense of humor and put me at ease almost immediately. It was great. and so...now I leave you. Ciao.
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Okay here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be lame and spoil the fun! Just copy (not forward) this entire e-mail and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you. Some of you may get this several times. That means you have lots of friends.
1. What is your full name? Alishka Babushka
2. What color pants are you wearing? jeans
3. What are you listening to right now? Defying Gravity, from Wicked
4. What was the last thing you ate? Gandalfo’s New York Yankee sandwhich and a White Chocolate Chip cookie.
5. Do you wish on stars? Yes.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Sunshine yellow
7. How is the weather right now? Sunny and very warm
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Someone asking about the Ling BA program
9. Do you like the person who sent this you? yep. She’s my sister!
10. Who sent this to you and how do you know them? My sister, Breezy
11. How old are you today? 20
12. Favorite drink? Orange passion mango juice
13. Favorite sport? To watch, football, to play Ultimate Frisbee or Frisbee Golf (Disc Golf)
14. Hair color? Brown/blonde
15. Do you wear contacts? Yeah, I do.
16. Siblings? Yep.
17. Favorite month? March-June, September
18. Favorite food? Yummy food.
19. What was the last movie you saw? Finding Nemo.
20. What do you do to vent anger? Uh….get mad? Cry? It depends.
21. What was your favorite toy as a child? Dress ups
22. Summer or winter? Both have their good things and their bad things, but usually summer is better.
23. Hugs or kisses? Oh I like both! But kisses are sooo much better than hugs, but hugs are good.
24. Chocolate or vanilla? Again it depends, but chocolate is good stuff.
25. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? Uh, not sending this to my friends. Just you.
26. Who is most likely to respond? You, if anyone
27. who is probably not going to respond? Everyone else.
28. When was the last time you cried? Saturday.
29. Who is the friend you have had the longest? My friend from Indiana
30. What did you do last night? Went to ballet class, had an appointment with the bishop, went to bed.
31. What are you afraid of? Never graduating, or getting married.
32. Living arrangements? My apartment with 4 roommates
33. Favorite smell? rain, boys…when they smell good. :D
34. Top 2 favorite songs? Today, A Little Fall of Rain, and Defying Gravity
35. What is an embarrassing story about yourself? Mmm…once I called a friend by his younger brother’s name. oops…
36. What is your favorite number? 7
37. Describe your life in one word: exciting
38. When's your birthday: March 7
39. What are your hobbies: ballet, flirting, dating, playing.
40. Who have (do) you had (have) a crush on? Well…wouldn’t you like to know?
41. What are your nicknames? Alishka babushka, licii, arope…etc
anyways, this particular lunch date was with a boy that i met at the dance lab a week ago today. He was very nice, asked me to dance many times, and I had a lot of fun dancing with him. So he picked me up at home and off we went. We went to Gandolfo's followed by a cookie at the cookie place just two doors down. We had a lot of fun and got a chance to just talk. I could see him asking me out again, and I would say yes....but I don't know when that will happen. lol. all in all it was just fun.
on another note, i get to help work at graduation on friday, which will be fun. :D and i get to get off work early tomorrow due to commencement.
also, i am sore b/c of class last night, i hadn't danced in a week. man, i'm sore, but i'll survive. I think. until then, ciao
Thursday, August 10, 2006
so what makes my weekend so exciting? well...let me tell you why
- it's the weekend, that in of itself is an exciting thing.
- tomorrow, my dad is taking me to lunch. yay. (unless his flight never comes home due to the raised levels of security, although i highly doubt it, he's only in chicago.)
- i am going out to dinner with my family tomorrow ! huzzah (meal #2 that is free....)
- friday: wedding reception for a friend from high school...i can't believe she's getting married.
- saturday i am going to park city to the outlet stores w/the fam. yay for new clothes!!
- saturday: I am going to go and see Step Up with my friend. i am really excited!
oh and a guy from the dance lab last night asked for my number...and wants to take me to lunch. that makes me super happy. :D
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
anyways, so with my alarm clock set for 6 am i go to bed. and i wake up at 5:58 with a need to go to the bathroom like there is no tomorrow. i try to hold it, turning over in my bed, when my alarm clock goes off. i jump out of bed, turn off the alarm and run to the bathroom where i thank God for coming up with some way to get me out of bed. let it be known that today was the first time in like a week that i actually woke up before all 3 alarms had gone off. huzzah.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
in fact, its raining right now, so if you get the chance, you should go puddle jumping today, i know you won't regret it!
Monday, July 31, 2006
i went snake hunting with roomie B
went and saw Princess Bride with sports camp counselor
went shopping with my mom, bought new pointe shoes b/c dance teacher said i should so i can dance better.
went on what was going to be the first date with sports camp counselor, but friday night ended up being date #1, but we went to Macaroni Grill (such good food!!!) and miniature golfing, which was soooo much fun!!
had vt interviews to conduct all morning yesterday
went to church
played the piano, my pants caused me to stick to the piano bench...ha ha ha it was WAY too hot.
was home taught, i have the coolest home teachers ever.
hung out with sports camp counseolor :)
all in all, it was a great weekend. :D
Monday, July 24, 2006
Thursday, July 13, 2006
so I am all sleeping, and for some reason I go and tell dance teacher boss that I am engaged, and somehow she now works in a bridal shop that is popular here in my town. So I am at this bridal shop and I tell them what I am looking for in a dress, and they have me try on some very interesting dresses. Some immodest, some modest, some gorgeous, some ugly, and while I am doing this boy #1 comes in and looks like he's going to cry. He tells me that he is lost or something and is just super depressed and so I am sitting next to him, in a bridal store, next to boy#1 trying to comfort him, and I hold his hand, and then when I go to hold it again, he like gets super scared of me being forward cause he finds out I'm not really engaged, even though earlier I said I was, but now I'm not. So he 'runs away' b/c I am being so forward.
-that was like 2 dreams, but they blended so it was weird.
my 3rd dream consisted of me now, walking on campus, on a familiar path and I see boy#1 again but he doesn't see me as I am coming up behind him. And I get the sudden urge to just go up to him and hold his hand (obviously something has been on my mind...) and so I do, and he like stops, looks at me, says wow, and we keep walking hand in hand, and we talk a little and end up dating.
So NOW, my question to all you guys, and any one else with a comment, is what if some girl that you knew, and had been on at least one date with, had been friends for a very long time with, came up to you while walking and just suddenly grabbed your hand and held it? What would you think? Would you drop her hand? Keep holding it? Run away? Kiss her? What do you think? Is this an experiment that I should try in real life? I have always considered it, but have never done it...So readers (how few and in between you are) lend your thoughts...
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Cell Phone vs. Bible
I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our
What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we flipped through it several times a day?
What if we used it to receive messages?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
What if we used it as we traveled?
What if we used it in case of an emergency?
What if we upgraded to include 24/7 tech service from the Holy Spirit?
Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phones, we dont ever have to
worry about our bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid
Saturday, July 08, 2006
and on top of that, my sister sends me this survey, so since it follows the thread of this post i post for your pleasure this survey...of...23 relationship questions
1) Single, Taken, or Crushin? definitely single, but i am definitely crushin'
2) Are you happy with where you are?most of the time yes.
3) When you meet the right person, do you fall fast? heck yes i do.
4) Have you ever had your heart broken? yes i have
5) Do you believe that there are certain circumstances where cheating is
NO NO NO NO NO and again NO
6) Would you ever take someone back if they cheated on you?it would be really hard.
7 Have you talked about marriage with another person?yes i have
8) Do you want children? I love kids, so yes.
10) Would you consider adoption? definately
11) If somebody liked you right now, what do you think a cool way to let you know would be?well, i am a sucker for flowers, but telling me flat out to my face would be nice because then i wouldn't wonder anymore.
12) Do you enjoy playing hard to get? i have a really hard time with this, but i know guys like a challenge, but when i like someone....its hard to play hard to get.
14) Do you believe love at first sight exists?love at first sight? no. but i do believe you can like someone at once, and then true love, the love of christ will come.
15) Are you romantic?heck yes. unfortunately.
16) Do you believe that you can change someone?its hard, and it would take a long long time.
17) If you could get married anywhere, money not an object, where would you get married? the Nauvoo temple
19) Do you easily give in when you are fighting? mmm..depends what i am fighting for.
20) Do you have feelings for someone right now?ah..yes, yes i do, but i'm not sure that he knows, and if he did, i am not sure if he would act on it.
21) Have you ever broken a heart? i believe i have.
22) Would you ever fight somebody over your significant other?maybe.
23) If you are with someone right now, are they the one? well if i was with someone right now, then this post wouldn't have been created. and whether or not they are the 'one'....well...i can't answer that question now can i?
Friday, June 30, 2006
Two jobs I've have had in my life:
2. Dance Teacher
Five movies I would watch over and over:
1. Little Mermaid
2. Pirates of the
3. Princess Bride
4. Chicken Run
5. Strictly Ballroom
Two places I have lived:
2. All over
Four TV shows I love to watch:
1. Gillmore Girls
2. So you think you can dance
3. ER (not so much anymore)
4. There really are only 3…
Four places I have been on vacation:
Three websites I visit daily: well there is a TON more than 3, but I’ll list my 3 favorites
1. gmail.com (email!!)
Four of my favorite foods:
1. ice cream
2. Bagel and cheese sandwich
3. Taco salad
4. Fruits and veggies
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. at home in bed
2. With my family on their vacation in
3. with my girls dancing
4. on the beach
Four foods I never eat:
1. spaghetti (I really don’t like it, although I will eat it, I’m just not a fan of it.)
2. Brussell sprouts
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Marriott Center Floor
As you are likely aware, the original Marriott Center Court is being replaced. If you, or anyone you know, would like to purchase part of this historic hardwood, please contact Mike Middleton at the Cougar Club Office (422-6754 direct, 800-426-4298 toll-free) . Currently we have set some prices for major pieces of the court, including the logos. If you have any interest, including other ideas or the desire to make us an offer, please let Mike know so we can stay in touch with you.
who knew? I think it's hilarious that you can buy some floor...i wonder if it would make a good gift for me dad? lol....
Monday, June 26, 2006
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
12. You'll read his/her emails over and over again... if he sent me emails, i would do this...as it is i think of him enough.
11. You'll walk really slow while you're with him/her... or really fast since he's about 6 inches taller than me and has long legs, let it suffice to say that i keep up with him whatever speed he walks...pathetic i know.
10. You'll feel shy whenever you're with him/her... not really...although in some situations yes. yes i do.
9. While thinking about him/her...your heart will beat faster yeah. its true...
8. By listening to his/her voice...you'll smile for no apparent reason. yuppers.
7. While looking at him/her..you cant see the other people around you...you can only see that person... oh so true
6. You'll start listening to SLOW songs. um...i listen to slow songs anyways...but some slow songs make me think of him. does that count?
5. He/She becomes all you think about. well..its not ALL i think about...but he's my focus a lot of the times its true.
4. You'll get high just by their smell... i love it when guys smell good.
3. You'll realize that you're always smiling to yourself when you think about them.. *grins* oh yeah.
2. You'll do anything for him/her... its true. i'd do just about anything for him...except for maybe evil things.
Show 1: S* Cast
This was the show where I played Hansel. It went SO well!!! Not any glitches, oh, and all of my family and friends said that I made a very good boy. I even had someone who thought I was a boy without knowing who i was! YES! I feel very accomplished and that my goals were acheived when performing
Show 2: O* Cast
Boring. pretty much. all i was was an Angel and a Licorice Stick. Both fun parts, nothing out of the ordinary happened, it felt good to get this show done with.
Show 3: L* Cast
ha ha ha. that's how i describe this show. I totally lost it right before, and during Angels...like I was laughing hysterically. oops. but it was fun. he he he. oh, and Punkzoid came (ha ha, punkzoid is my ex-bf's best friend...) and he brought me purple daisies. cute.
anyways...all in all the shows went well...many friends, family, and roommates + boyfriends came. Much enjoyable. and now...i have a week off of just working and playing before summer term starts. huzzah.
Friday, June 16, 2006
1. Are you in a relationship? Ha ha ha. Me in a relationship? That’s a funny one. No. But sometimes I wish I were.
2. Do you hate more than 3 people? Nope
3. How many houses have you lived in? Quite a few.
4. What is your favorite candy bar? 3 Musketeers or a Milky Way Midnight
5. What are your favorite shoes? Bare feet- with a green carpet of grass
6. Have you ever tripped someone? Yes
7. What was your least favorite subject this year? That stupid Music Cultures of the World Class
8. What was your favorite subject this year? I always love my dance classes, plus History with Syrup pretty much rocked my world.
9. Do you own Britney Spears CD? Nope
10. Have you ever thrown up in public? Nope
11. Name something that's always on your mind? Boys, ballet, the pain in my neck…
12. What is your favorite music genre? Broadway music, and anything else I can sing to.
13. What is your sign? Pisces
14. Where were you born? Orem, UT
15. Do you have a blog? Why yes sir I do.
16. Have you ever made a prank call? Nope
17. What is the most embarrassing CD you own? Hmm…I don’t own any ‘embarrassing’ CDs
18. Are you sarcastic? No…*rolls eyes* maybe. ;)
19. What are your favorite colors? Green, teal, and purple
20. How many watches do you own? One
21. Summer or winter? There are perks to both, but I think I like summer more than winter.
22. Spring or fall? I really enjoy both.
23. What is your favorite color to wear? Teal…I think I wear teal like every other day!
24. Pepsi or Sprite? Sprite
25. What color is your cell phone? White and silver
26. Where is your second home? The dance studio
27. Have you ever slapped someone? Yes
28. Have you ever had a cavity? Yes
29. How many lamps are in your bedroom? 2, well 3 if you count my roommie’s
30. How many video games do you have? None.
31. What was your first pet? I personally have never owned a pet, but if you count the family pets then it would be the cat. Target.
32. Have you ever had braces? Nope.
33. Does looks matter? Um, sometimes. Everyone should at least look presentable and nice.
34. Do you use chapstick? Yes
35. Name 3 teachers from your school? Shani, Sandy, Marsha
36. American Eagle or Abercrombie? I don’t own either, but I like AE better.
37. Are you too forgiving? No I don’t think anyone can be too forgiving.
38. How many children do you want? I don’t know… maybe 3 or 4, or whatever.
39. Do you own something from Hot Topic? No
40. What is your favorite breakfast? Mmm…cinnamon rolls.
41. Do you own a gun? NO
42. Have you ever thought you were in love? Yes- although I really wasn’t.
43. When was the last time you cried? Mmm…I think that one time I played ultimate Frisbee and got knocked over and my head bonked.
44. What did you do yesterday afternoon? Was on stage for rehearsal baby!
45. When was the last time you went to Olive Garden? For my birthday with my twin!!
46. Have you ever called your teacher mom? A long time ago.
47. Have you ever been in a castle? Nada.
48. What are your nicknames? Arope…and alishka babushka is a nickname.
49. Do you know anyone named Bertha? No…poor kid.
50. Have you ever been to Kentucky? Nope.
51. Do you own something from Banana Republic? Nada
52. Are you thinking about somebody right now? Yeah.
53. Have you ever called someone Boo? Yep. My sister.
54. Do you smoke? Nada.
55. Do you own a diamond ring? Ha ha ha…. No. That would mean I was lying in question 1.
56. Are you happy with your life right now? Very much so.
57. Do you dye your hair? Nope.
58. Does anyone like you? I sure hope so…and I hope he asks me out. That would make my day…wherever he is.
59. What year were you born? 1986
60. What were you doing May of 1994? That was a very long time ago…I think I was living in Indiana at the time.
61. Do you own a Backstreet Boys CD? No
62. McDonald's or Wendy's? Wendy’s
63. Do you like yourself? Yes
64. Are you closer to your mother or father? Both, though I think my mom and I are closer by a little bit.
65. Favorite feature of the opposite gender? Eyes, smile, personality, honors priesthood.
66. Are you afraid of the dark? Sometimes.
67. Have you ever eaten paste? No, that would be stupid.
68. Do you have a webcam? No…. I am a poor college student here people.
another note- I swore I would never do my hair like this:
you know, the new look that is in, the pompadour look that is in? the one with your bangs poofed forward? mine isn't as big as this girls is
but i have done it. why might you ask? well, its what they want our hair to look like for the jazz piece i am in tonight. and so as to make my life easier, i decided to do it for my hair today because i don't want to do my hair twice. lame-o i know, but oh well. and if i do say so myself, it looks okay. but i don't know if i would ever do it again. we'll see i guess. ta ta!
Thursday, June 15, 2006
9: what time i was supposed to be at the high school, and what time i got home tonight
8: hundred milligrams of ibuprofin...the drug i have been on all day...
7: number of times i changed costumes today
6: the number of dances i am teachnically choreographed in for company, but alas due to my lead part i am in a lot more than that.
5: meals that i have eaten
4: shows that were run today.
3: different water bottles that i went through today, and that i rolled my ankle during angels.
2: times that i had a cartwheel contest and got the audience to clap for me ;)
1: kiss and cuddle session is all i ask for... okay, not all i ask for, but i wouldn't mind having a BF right now so i could just cuddle and relax.
so yeah...dress rehearsal today. bah. maybe i'll update more tomorrow...but for now that should do, i am going to bed.
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Monday, June 12, 2006
another note, i find that i get my hopes up really easily. see, last week i was eating lunch and i watched a girl from the flower shop on campus walk by with a bouquet of my favorite flower, gerbera daisies...and she was walking towards my office, my heart leapt and i semi-hoped that they would be for me, well i shouldn't have hoped cause they weren't. of course they weren't. i have no one that would send me flowers on a random day during the week. no boyfriend, and my p-rents wouldn't do that. maybe for my birthday, or after an audition or something, or even a performance, but for a random day to just give alishka flowers? not happening. so i shouldn't have even gotten excited, but i did. so now you know. really want to make my day? bring me a gerbera daisy to work and ask me out, or just bring me flowers. so yeah.
oh, an update, i had a date friday night. although (sad day) we didn't get to go up the canyon due to the ferocious weather. oh well, we made some good food, and played Life, which was fun. and we watched the wicked cool storm. it was a fun date, but i still like the other kid. sigh. and i think...that is all!
Friday, June 09, 2006
so there is one week to the jazz show (we finally finished the dance...) and then a week from tomorrow is the ballet show. CRAZY!! you should come. to the ballet, i don't care about the jazz, if you really want to come, call me. otherwise, come to the ballet on June 17th, 2006 at 1pm (to see me be Hansel) or at 4pm or 7pm to see me be an angel (but i'm always an angel..;) ) and a licorice stick. Definitely good times. I can get tickets on Thursday for you for $4, or they're $5 at the door...and it's at Mountain View High School, Center street in Orem. So yeah, if you need directions call me. so yeah...that's it. have a good day.
Thursday, June 08, 2006
In the streets…in the halls…in the RB. Man oh man did I have an awesome time last night.
Me: “um, 5-6 or so. Something like that.”
Duke: “Well I need to take a break, or I would dance this one with you…”
And then he proceeds to take me over to a friend of his N* and introduces us and asks him to teach me how to rumba. So I learned the rumba last night. Definitely one of my favorite memories. I like the rumba. It was fun. ;)
Then Duke gave me a ride home. Which was so sweet cause I live in the opposite direction from his place, but he still offered. Which was really nice. Then I got to bed on time, and woke up to do my daily swimming this morning. All in all, last night was awesome. Good memories. This is what summertime and college are about. LOVE IT!!!!!!
p.s. i love it when my boss visits other offices, and then comes back and tells me to go and see b/c of the cool dance pictuers. she was right. Lois Greenfield my new favorite photographer.
So 3 things, and then I have to get back to work.
1) I love doing cartwheels. I know weird, but in the place where I work, the hallways are just perfect for doing cartwheels, or any form of dancing for that matter. And I love it. I always check the hall and make sure no one will see me and then I’ll either do a cartwheel, or a leap, or something. It’s the dancer in me, I can’t help it okay? J
2) work has been awesome, in fact today I got to do 2 awesome things that I hardly ever do, so when I do them, I get really excited. The first one was I got to revamp our board in the hall that has all the faculty pictures on it. That was fun and took up a better part of the morning. The second thing I got to do was fix the printer by replacing the cartridge. Which is just fun. :D
3) I am going dancing tonight, and let me tell you I am stoked. I love dancing, especially with certain friends, and tonight should prove to be no exception. Also, I got asked to go on a date on Friday, with a friend that used to live in the ward. He’s cool and all, but not my crush. ;) At least I have plans, that’s new. :D
So yeah, life is really grand right now. I know what would make it even more grandioso, but if I told you, my wish might not come true. Enjoy your day
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Monday, June 05, 2006
First Name: Alishka
Single or Taken: very much single.
Birthday: March 7, 1986
Eye color: hazel-but that is a way general term for my eye color.
Shoe size: 8-9
Innie or Outie: mmmm..kinda both.
What are you wearing right now: khaki Capri pants, with a striped polo type shirt
Where do you live:
Righty or lefty: Righty
Can you make a dollar in change right now: well…not in change, but I have a dollar bill. Does that count?
Who are your closest friends: I have a lot of close friends.
Do you have a BF or GF? Nope…I wish. ;)
If so what is his/her name? I can’t tell you his name cause he’s not my BF yet…
Favorite place to shop: it depends.
Favorite kind of pants: ones that fit right. I hate pants shopping.
Color: I love yellow…and orange, purple, green…anything bright and cheerful.
Number(s): I like the number 7
Animal: mmm…I’ve always wanted a fish.
Drink: pink lemonade
Sport(s): I really like ultimate Frisbee and disc golf. Speaking of disc golf…if you like to play call me.
Fast-Food Place: Fazoli's and Wendy's and if Panda Express counts as fast food…
Month: a warm one (usually May or September)
Movie: um…I like movies…favorite though? Little Mermaid.
Finger: who has a favorite finger?
Breakfast: Aebelskivers…although they work well for dinner too. ;)
Favorite cartoon character(s): I haven’t watched cartoons in ages…but I always liked goofy.
Have you ever
Given anyone a bath: yeah…being the oldest does that to ya.
Gone skinny dipping: nope
Put your tongue on a frozen pole: I'd like to think my intelligence level is higher than that :)
Loved someone so much it made you cry? yep
Broken a bone: nope
Played truth or dare: yeah…long time ago though
Been in a police car: currently in service? I don't think so. Retired? yes
Been on a plane: not that I can think of.
been in a sauna: yep
been in a hot tub: yep
swam in the ocean: more like waded…
Fallen asleep in school: oh heck yes.
Ran away?: nada.
Broken someone's heart: I think so
Cried when someone died: yes
Cried in school: most definitely
Fell off your chair: ha ha ha….yes sir I have…you’ll have to ask me for specifics though… ask about the time in physics, and the time in drama. Ha ha ha.
Sat by the phone all night waiting for someone to call: heck yes. Like all the time. If you call me, I get so excited. SO excited.
Saved e-mails: all the time
Fallen for one of your best friends?: yes I have.
Used someone: I hope not.
Been cheated on: not that I know of
Your good luck charm: mmm…I don’t think I have one.
Best song you ever heard: anything I love and can sing to.
Last thing you said: have a good Monday boss!
Last thing you ate: a Zinger
What kind of shampoo do you use: Dove
Best thing that has happened to you this year: lots of stuff….
Worst thing that has happened to you this year: lets not talk about it.
Have you had
Chicken pox: yes
Sore Throat: of course
Broken nose: almost. Really really close. Funny story actually…
Believe in love at first sight: mmm…no, love is gradual, but liking someone is instant
Like picnics: sure - definitely a fun date concept…hint hint.
Like school: yeah…but I like summer lots too.
Would you/what is
Eat a live hamster for $1,000,000. dollars? NO! I couldn't do that to a cute little hamster!
If you were stuck on an island, what people would you want with you: a boy…. ;)
who was the last person that called you? My mom.
Who was the last person you slow danced with: Duke…..he’s a way good dancer if I do say so myself.
What makes you laugh the most: a lot of things make me laugh…I love to laugh…
What makes you smile?: thinking of the boy that I like, dancing (both ballet and the social kind), ice cream, gerbera daisies, dates…
Who is the last person
You yelled at: I yelled at? Uh…I don’t know.
Who told you they loved you: Roommie B. I Love her.
You kissed or kissed you? Ah…that would be Teddy bear. Someone should rectify that however.
Do you/Are You:
Do you like filling these out: usually. Especially when I’m bored.
Do you wear contacts or glasses: contacts. But I have glasses in case of an emergency.
Do you like yourself: yeah. I’m pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.
Do you get along with your family: yeppers.
Stolen anything over: huh? Never stolen anything…over??
Compulsive? Not really.
Suicidal? Definitely not. I love life.
Do you have a crush? Yes.
If so, do they know? I’m pretty sure he knows…and if he doesn’t…man he’s dense.
Have you truly told them how you feel, face to face? No…should I?
How did they respond? well lol
What is so great about them? Lots of things. He honors his priesthood, he can dance, he’s super nice, he’s my friend…the list goes on.
Are you in love? Love? I’m not sure if its there yet.
Have you kissed? No…unfortunately.
When is the last time you were with them? Lol. Last night.
This or That?
Skiing or Boarding: I haven’t done either.
fall or winter: fall
Silver or Gold: silver
Diamond or pearl: diamond
Sprite or 7up?: I can't tell the difference
Orange juice or apple juice: both
Cats or dogs: cats – not a big fan of either, but more likely a dog than a cat.
Coffee or tea: can't say I've had either
Phone or in person: I like in person typically, though phone is probably the next best thing…unless they're online a lot and you know each other well enough to know their personality…
Are you oldest, middle, youngest or only child: oldest
Indoor or outdoor: it depends on the activity.
What are you listening to right now?: Wicked: “Defying Gravity”
Where do you want to get married? The temple, prolly the
If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be? physically? I want to drop about 10-20 lbs personality? More patient, better listener, kinder
Are you a good Singer: ha ha ha…I can hold my own on occasion…I am a much better dancer. ;)What do you dream about: well…different things, dancing, boys, you know…good girly stuff
so i had to run an errand for work, and i saw a snail. i kinda just wanted to sit there and watch it crawl on the cement towards the grass, but i had to keep going, but it was kinda neat to see it crawlin'.
on another note, Duke came over for Aebelskivers last night. i was soo excited that he came. While he was at my apt. he taught me the country cha-cha, which was way exciting. :D so yeah, my weekend was good.
on yet another note, dress rehearsal on saturday didn't go as long as i thought it was going to, but i was still tired after it. but i woke up on time, it was sad though, cause Director left at 12:30 for Milwaukee...we probably won't see her again for a while. sad day. but we have a new director and i am excited to get to know her. huzzah.
all in all life is splendiferic. i love life. so much fun. and yeah. that's about all folks.