Tuesday, March 18, 2008

For the First Time...

I heard the music. Not just any music, but the Library closing time music. It was awesome. I had high expectations for the awesomeness of this music that so many people have told me about. Last night, my expectations were met. I was a very happy camper leaving the library at 11:45 pm listening to "There is Sunshine in My Soul Today" while holding a boy's hand. It was really cool, and I am not just saying that...because really I enjoyed every minute of my serenade to leave the library. It was like dancing...but not.

One of the fun things about staying in the library that long was that when the music came on, I felt like I could talk at a normal sound level and no longer in a whisper. It pretty much made my night that I had that wonderful opportunity. Go me.

Now, some of you might be wondering why I was up so late at night? What happened to the smart Alishka that went to bed at 10:30 so she could wake up at 6:30 in the morning? Well...that Alishka had a Physical Science test to study for, a 5-page paper to write, lighting cues to create, and a lesson plan to revise. And guess what? I got studying in for my test, a thesis and an outline for my 5-page paper due Thursday, I figured out the lighting cues, and revised my lesson plan!!! I felt so accomplished.

Now here I sit at tech rehearsal (the longest, most grueling of all the rehearsals) and I'm taking a break from writing my paper. Mostly because I don't know where I want to go yet with the next section. I have to figure that out, but I know I will be required to stand up in dance in about 5.2 minutes (or something like that) so I don't want to get going and then have to stop. I hate that. My piece looks awesome! I did the lighting for it, and it makes me really happy. I am AWESOME. :-) I hope all y'all are coming to my show! Tickets are going fast so make sure to get yours today. Ciao!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is sunshine in my soul today? You have got to be kidding. When your father and i went to school (caveman days) it was the theme from Hawaii 5-O. http://www.bigbob.com/five-o/files/h5otheme.au Surfin down the stairs. Now that was a rockin' way to leave the library. What do you do attend a private religious university? Artista