Saturday, March 15, 2008

My life's Movie Soundtrack 2008

Okay, I know that I did this last year, but I was avoiding my homework tonight, and it seemed like a fun thing to do tonight. Also, I have a lot more music this time around and figured it would be slightly different. So here goes...my life's movie soundtrack 2008.


1. Opening credits:
Be Our Guest – Beauty and the Beast

Ma chere Mademoiselle, it is with deepest pride
and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight.
And now we invite you to relax, let us pull up a
chair as the dining room proudly presents -
your dinner!

What a great way to open my life movie!! :) I love this movie.

2. Waking Up:
Pride and Prejudice: Dawn

Beautiful music…great to wake up to!

3. First Day of School:
Suavemente –Elvis Crespo

Suavemente, besame
que quiero sentir tus labios
besandome otra vez.

(Gently, you kiss me that I want to feel your lips kissing me again.)

Right….that’s a great way to start school. Ha ha ha.


4. Falling in love:
Africa – Toto

Its gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There’s nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

I think this is probably one of the best songs ever, a perfect falling in love song. I like it.


5. First Kiss song:
Kiss Kiss – Chris Brown


She want that lovey dovey (lovey dovey)
That kiss kiss (kiss kiss)

Ha ha ha. A little rock for a first kiss…but hey, it works yah?


6. Breaking up:
Time to Say Goodbye – Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman

Italian lyric goodness…I love this song, and it’s a great good-bye song. :(

7. Prom:
My Life – Billy Joel

I don't need you to worry for me cause I'm alright
I don't want you to tell me it's time to come home
I don't care what you say anymore, this is my life
Go ahead with your own life, and leave me alone

Okay then…this must be the one of those non-slow dance type of songs. A good song though.

8. Life:
I Have Decided – Amy Grant

I have decided,
Im gonna live like a believer,
Turn my back on the deciver,
Im gonna live what I believe.

A good song for my life. I like it.

9. Mental breakdown:
Seduces Me – Celine Dion

I don't care about tomorrow
I've given up on yesterday

Okay…so I pulled the lyrics out of context, but it works yes?

10. Driving:
Far Far – Yael Naïm

how can you stay outside?
there's a beautiful mess inside
how can you stay outside?
there's a beautiful mess inside

A good driving song. A very good driving song.

11. Flashback:
Loving Arms – Dixie Chicks

I’ve been too long in the wind
Too long in the rain
Taking any comfort that I can
Looking back and longing for
The freedom of my chains
And lying in your loving arms again

If you could hear me now
Singing somewhere through the lonely nights
Dreaming of the arms that held me tight
If you could only hear me now

The perfect Flashback song to an old relationship. Been there, done that.


12. Getting back together:
Save the Last Dance for Me – Michale Bublé

But don't forget who's takin' you home
And in whose arms you're gonna be
So darlin' save the last dance for me

Yeah…definitely works. ;)

13. Wedding:
Elephant Love Medley – Moulin Rouge

Love is a many splendored thing,
Love lifts us up where we belong,
All you need is love!

Okay…so the song just might really be about being a prostitute, but honestly, it has some good lines for a wedding song yah?

14. Birth of a child:
Everything I do, I do for you – Movie sounds version

This is the non-word version I have on my computer. I like it for this because it sounds more like a lullaby and is very sweet. :-)

15. Final battle:
If I Fall You’re Going Down with Me – Dixie Chicks

’cause if I fall you’re going down with me
You’re going down with me baby if I fall
You can’t take back every little chill you gave me
Your going down wih me babt heart and all

This is perfect for a battle. Cause if I fall…

16. Death scene:
Aqueous Transmission - Incubus

I'm floating down a river
Oars freed from their holds long ago
Lying face up on the floor of my vessel
I marvel at the stars
And feel my heart overflow

I love this song. We did a really cool dance to this song once upon a time…and the lyrics are good for a death scene too.


17. Funeral song:
You’ll Be in My Heart – Tarzan

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

A great funeral song. So good.

18. End credits:
Chicken Dance – Swiss Accordian

No one can forget the chicken dance. I want people to leave the movie of my life with a really catchy tune in their head…or at least an annoying one they can’t forget. :) Because I’m cool like that.

Okay…that was fun. Now back to my homework.

0 comments: