Monday, March 10, 2008

busy, busy, busy

I taught my first ballet class at BYU today. Not just subbed, but taught. :P I created the lesson plan, decided on the type of music, and conducted class as if I was the teacher. It was a lot of fun, and I feel like it went really, really well. In fact the real teacher, who was just observing today so she could give me pointers on how to improve, told me that I did very well. Two of my combinations were not very clear to me, so they didn't turn out the way I wanted them to, but it was still a really good class and I enjoyed it a lot. I love teaching. It's like my calling in life. I truly feel at home in the studio as the teacher.

Soon I will be leaving to head to the South Jordan area to pick up roommate Truit so she can stay with me before she leaves on her mission on Wednesday. I am so excited for her, she's going to be freakin' amazing. Sigh.

Oh yeah, I have a test tomorrow, maybe I should study for that instead of blogging....lol. Off to study! ciao!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

I want to visit you guys while she's here! Where are you living? How long will she be with you?

Ben said...

Way to teach!