Friday, August 29, 2008
1. When I'm sick I'm bound to want to just sleep on the couch and have someone kiss it better.
2. When I take a walk, I think about my future, the person I'm walking about, the beautiful scenery and many other things.
3. Money can't buy happiness but it can seem like it does.
4. Cotton makes me comfortable and leather makes me hot. No really, have you ever worn leather?
5. The strangest person/character I've had lewd thoughts about was um....like I'm going to tell you that.
6. My favorite color these days is green because it does a wonderful job of bringing out my eyes and I have wanted to accent my eyes lately.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to meeting my new roommates and Swing Dancing, tomorrow my plans include relaxing by the pool, watching the BYU football game, and playing with SwingKid and Sunday, I want to meet the new people in my ward!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
I trained Coworker E today. She actually trained me almost 3 years ago, but 2 years ago she left for her mission (she took a semester off and then went on a year and a half mission) and now she is back! Which worked out perfect since Coworker K decided to quit.
My ballet class last night went AWESOME! We definitely have a ton of work to do as far as getting their technique level up, but I am very happy with them. I have taught about half of them before, so it is fun teaching them again. Makes my soul sing with happiness.
Tonight I plan on shopping with my roommates and watching Kung Fu Panda. Should prove to be quite enjoyable. LOVE IT!!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
my family is in Arkansas right now...on their way to Tennessee. Crazy.
I feel nervous...and I'm not sure why. Maybe because I'm teaching an Advanced Ballet class tonight? Hmm...possibly.
I want to sit on my couch and be held.
I think I am slightly nervous about teaching, very excited, but nervous. I mean, this is an advanced class we're talking. What if I don't teach it right? GAH!!!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Things that may or not have been said on the drive to Washington and back....
- "It will be a drive by sighting"
- "I don't think that's a temple."
- "That is SO a temple, look, you can see Moroni!"
- "Warn SwingKid, Alishka shows agression when eating gummy sharks...argh!"
- "It's not a cookie, it's not a brownie, its a muffin!"
- "Dessert is not a treat, its a necessity. Open for Breakfast"
- "I am excited to be out of this car do do do..."
- "We're excited to have you out of this car."
- "Turn left on Hozel drive."
- "I would not be surprised if we found a Hozel Drive."
I do like today's topic: favorite season. Like Tibby, my favorite season is Fall.
I love the smell of fall. I love crunching through the leaves, and most of all I love.... FOOTBALL!!!! YES!!! BYU opens the season this Saturday vs. N. Iowa. ROCK ON!!! :-)
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Today I drove down to my house (although it's not really my house anymore) and picked up my mom and grandpa. They hung out at my apartment for awhile this afternoon and then we ate dinner together. Then we swung by SwingKid's house and picked him up and drove up to SLC where they are staying tonight before flying out tomorrow morning. It was hard saying goodbye to my mom. I held myself together for the most part, trying to be strong, and SwingKid shook their hands as they left and then pulled me into his arms and I lost it. I just cried in his arms as he held me. Then we left the hotel and went up to the Capitol building and walked around the Veteran's park that they have just West of the Capitol building. It was a beautiful evening and we both enjoyed the park and Summer evening air.
While all of this is super sad, I know that my family is forever and that they will always be there for me. They may not be just a 2o-minute drive anymore, BUT they are a phone call away and I can still hear their voices and talk to them about everything. This is the one thing that comforts me. I will be fine, I know it. Once I get going in my groove and get this semester going (it's looking like it could be the best one yet!) I'll be just groovy. Until then, I'll just let the tears fall.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
I have a scourge of emotions running through me right now....too many to identify them all. I'm just hoping for time to go quickly by until Monday so that I can get used to the change that is happening. (I don't know if that made sense...)
Sigh. Here's to the weekend going by quickly... (I never thought I would say that...)
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
You Are Gymnastics
You are agile, expressive, and precise.
You have the drive to practice until you get something perfectly right.
And you have the confidence to perform difficult moves when under pressure.
Ten Things I Wish I Could Say to Ten Different People Right Now:
- I am going to miss you so much when you leave.
- Pretty much I just want to stay up until the wee hours talking to you, but that's pretty much impossible right now.
- Thank you for everything you do for me, you rock my world.
- I wish we hadn't lost our friendship in 7th grade, we have it back now but it's never been the same.
- Thank you for teaching me everything I needed to know about [subject x], I really enjoyed your class.
- We have so much fun together, why don't we hang out more?
- You are growing up so fast and I have so many things to tell you so you won't make the same mistakes I did, but I'm not sure how to tell you.
- For your future roommates' sake...do your dishes!
- I am glad I met you.
- I love you.
Nine Things About Myself:
- I hate doing dishes but I love a clean kitchen.
- I love cooking for others.
- I have recently enjoyed having painted toes. :)
- I love smell-good sprays and lotions.
- I have a thing about looking good for myself when I know it's going to be a tough day.
- I wish I could sing really well.
- At one point I wanted to go to Julliard and then my dream changed when I was 15, and now I'm living my dream.
- I love Disney music and enjoy singing along on iTunes.
- I can't wait for the new season of Heroes and The Office to start. :-)
Eight Ways To Win My Heart:
- Kiss me on my forehead.
- Laugh with me.
- Call me just to say hi.
- Hold my hand.
- Compliment me, but sincerely.
- Tell me I smell good, I love this, but only do it if you mean it.
- Surprise me with flowers every once in a while. Not often, but once in a blue moon would
- Talk with me. Ask me questions and really listen to what I have to say. I love a good conversation.
Seven Things That Cross My Mind a Lot:
- Man alive, I'm hungry.
- Wait, what?
- That would make a good blog post...
- I want ice cream.
- I really want to see that.
- That's amazing.
Six Things I Do Before I Fall Asleep:
- Read my scriptures.
- Write in my journal.
- Make sure the door is locked.
- Take out my contacts.
- Brush my teeth.
- Say my prayers.
Five People Who Mean a Lot:
Only five? Really? It goes without saying that this list is not all-inclusive, right?
- My Family
- Roommate A
- My Hero
- All of my ballet girls
Four Things You’re Wearing Right Now:
- Khaki capris
- Black DownEast shirt
- CTR ring
- black flip flops
Three Songs That You Listen to Often (Currently):
- "Everything" by Michael Bublé
- "Pocketful of Sunshine" Natasha Bedingfield
- "Don't Stop the Music" Rihanna
Two Things You Want to Do Before You Die:
- Use my passport.
- Go to a musical on Broadway.
- I really like to eat cake and or ice cream for breakfast. It's a really bad habit of mine, but one that I so enjoy.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
So, the Favorite Monday subject is: guilty pleasure.
Oh. my. goodness. The first thing I thought of was Papa Funk, roommate to CPM and all the times we talked about guilty pleasures. :)
I have a few, but will only mention my top 3 like Tiburon. :)
1. Gilmore Girls. I love it. I really do, I enjoy coming home from a long day of everything and watching the reruns on tv. Sigh...too bad this show has ended. :(
2. Looking at wedding pictures on line. Sigh. Yes, I am probably one of the girliest girls you will ever meet. I love looking at different photographers' albums on-line. So much fun.
3. Finally, I am a sucker for Disney Princess Movies. :-) he he he. Love it.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Because it's Friday, we can't forget the wonderful Friday Fill-In!
1. The last meal I had at a restaurant was Coconut Curry stuff from Indian Palace. Thanks Krishna dear!
2. People who are just plain rude is something I intensely dislike.
3. The full moon is a perfect night-light for evening walks and dancing in the streets.
4. "Oh my heck!" is one of my favorite local expressions.
5. Sometimes it's best to just sleep it off.
6. Iron Man is the best movie I've seen so far this year! (but I have a long list of movies still to see...)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to hanging with SwingKid since I have no roommates, tomorrow my plans include driving a bazillion hours to the tri-city area of Washington state and Sunday, I want to play with my cousins and listen to the newly returned missionary in our family!
check-out day always cause a lot of stress for co-eds in cougar town. Many times students have to move out of apartment x and be homeless for approximately 2 weeks until they can move into their new apartment. That day is today. In one hour my roommates have to leave and I will be living all by my lonesome for 2 weeks. (luckily for me I have SwingKid to keep me from getting too lonely.... he he he) Well....last night the realization that people had to move out today hit home for two of my roommates. We decided to enjoy a few last moments together by going to IHOP and from there cleaning out the many cupboards of years of dishes from people we don't know, the food that we have no idea how long it's been in the fridge and the dust bunnies from corners that we didn't even know existed until 1:30 in the morning.
My favorite part last night was us carrying huge trash bags of crap out to the garbage can. It was literally 2 in the morning. We were all a little giddy from having not gone to bed and high cleaning products. It was quite the scene let me tell you. Add to that the awesome music we were listening to and it was quite the sight let me assure you.
and I have to work 6+ hours today. ick. :P let's pray I don't die shall we?
Also, last night sounds a lot cooler in my head then it does in words in this post. oh well. so let be done, so let it be written. :)
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Today I slept in, ate food, went to work, got done early because of commencement, watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer - the musical episode, hung out with SwingKid and then did my cleaning check.
THEN Krishna invited me to go to dinner with her tonight, we went to the Indian Palace. :) It was super yummy food.
Now here I sit in my near empty apartment trying to figure out what to do next. :P I needed to go to the library tonight, but that didn't happen. Oops. Hopefully tomorrow.....
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
in other news...all of my roommates are leaving me. i will be the lone person in my lovely 6-person apartment for 2 weeks. let's hope i don't go crazy.
ALSO...i look adorable today. just in case you were wondering. ;) much love!
Monday, August 11, 2008
Tib picked a fun subject for My Favorite Monday! Today's subject is favorite Olympic Sport.
I love watching the Olympics, both the summer and winter games. So, my two favorite (one Winter, one Summer) Olympic sports are as follows:
Winter Games: Figure Skating. Hands down. I LOVE it. All aspects of Figure Skating just take my breath away. If I wasn't a ballerina, I would so be a Figure Ice Skater.
For the Summer Games, I love Gymnastics. I think gymnasts are amazing. The strength and control that they have when performing is incredible to me. Wowzers.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Friday evening I was able to surprise Swing Kid with both my haircut (which he loved) and a happy kit to cheer him up. (it had been a hard week...).
Saturday I got to go to payson early, early in the morning and teach ballet for a dance workshop. That was a ton of fun and I am excited to do it again in a couple of weeks. Then it was off to my house to do laundry and take a nap. :) Sister D and I came up to Cougar Town and went to see Kit Kittredge: An American Girl. It was a cute little movie and I really enjoyed watching it. From there we went to my apartment and hung out at the Olympic party that was at my place. Swing Kid stopped by and said hi. :)
Today Sister D went back home with my parents and I am getting ready to go to church. It's been a great weekend and I'm looking forward to enjoy this beautiful Sabbath day. :)
Friday, August 08, 2008
1. You know you're old when students you taught when they were 5 years old are now dating and are in high school.
2. My heart is divided between chocolate covered cinnamon bears and peaches.
3. The desire to eat real food is what I need RIGHT NOW!
4. I have felt the sting of regret, I have known the depths of real friendships.
5. Gah, won't these people break into song for me?
6. Read Breaking Dawn as soon as you can!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to surprising Swing Kid, tomorrow my plans include teaching a workshop and hanging out with my littlest sister and Sunday, I want to enjoy my last Sunday with these roommates!
Thursday, August 07, 2008
- dancing in the moonlight in the middle of the street
- walking hand in hand to nowhere in particular
- the thought of finishing summer term
- fun songs on my computer
- the fact that i get to teach dance for a workshop and get to use my creative juices to do a short lyrical combination/dance on the students
- seeing other people around me happy
- chocolate kisses
- kisses in the rain
- mild summer nights
- dollar movies
- getting paid to do random tasks
- the color green
- running barefoot through the grass
- singing Phantom of the Opera even though I don't sing it so well...
- playing the piano
- lunch with my roommates
- raspberry vinaigrette dressing from Brick Oven. YUM!
- chocolate covered cinnamon bears
- lemon water
- cooking dinner
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
1. "I was passing by her office and I read the note wrong about D's car dying. I thought it said that D had died! I felt so upset! And I wondered why anyone would announce something that serious on just a little post-it note!" - Dr. B
2. "Do you know what that student called about? He wanted to know what language in the whole world was the easiest to learn. i told him Afrikaans." - Dr. E
3. "I rejoice in your genesis." - Dr. H
4. "Understand, these are fake committees. These are quantum committees." Dr. M to Dr. E
5. "I'm going to inflate these numbers because our program is growing." -P
6. "Australian and intelligence don't usually go together." - Dr. E^2
7. "You're either dressed up for a funeral or your own execution." - Dr. S
sigh. professors are so silly.
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
1. check my google reader. obsessively. come on people. blog more. please???
2. organize my drawer and throw away old pens.
3. look at my progress report and admire the fact that I only have 15.5 credits left until graduation
4. visit my coworker/roommate S next door.
5. play in photoshop. not always on work releated things...i deem it research so i know the program better.
7. doze off.
8. look at the clock again and see how much time has passed.
9. clean out my inbox - put labels on things, archive or delete, etc.
10. complain to swing kid that my day isn't going by fast enough and will he please speed time up for my sake?
11. eat chocolate covered cinnamon bears
12. write a note to coworker K that works in the mornings letting her know what went on in the afternoon....not much i'm afraid.
13. look at blackboard and try to decide if i should do any of my homework.
14. sing a long to the music playing on my computer...very, very, quietly.
15. do a paint-by-number puzzle. i love these. i really do.
then i sigh, close all windows except for the excel file and resign myself to wack-o eyes for the rest of the work day. :P
Monday, August 04, 2008
I have made mention in the past how much I love Mondays. Today is just another testament to how much I love Mondays. I woke up to my lovely alarm knowing that today was going to be awesome. I showered, got read, and was out the door to get to my class on time. I even had time to have pancakes for breakfast!!! :-D
Class this morning was interesting and I feel really good about my Finance class. I like it. :) The rest of today's agenda includes studying for my midterm that I have this week, working on finance problems, going to work, enjoying my evening and reveling in the fact that the term is almost over!!
This week is going to fly by, I can just feel it. Hope all y'all's Mondays treat you just as well!
Friday, August 01, 2008
Since it's Friday...enjoy this lovely fill-in!
1. If I could travel back in time, I'd go to the the time of Gone with the Wind, you know Southern Belles in pretty dresses, balls, handsome men courting you. Sigh That would be awesome.
2. Give me chocolate or give me death. (Or something like that....)
3. I am listening to a CD mix of music that I want to choreograph too, hoping for inspiration.
4. Somewhere, someone is thinking about me. Because it's all about me, baby.
5. I'll always be a daughter, a sister, a friend, a teacher and someday a mom.
6. My idea of a good time includes laughter, good company and a kiss good night.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to swing dancing!, tomorrow my plans include the stake service activity, shopping with my roommate, studying and swing dancing and Sunday, I want to take a walk in the summer night air!