Sunday, May 04, 2008

Currently, I have a friend on their way to Europe, a friend living in London for the term, a friend in Taiwan for a month, and a friend in Jerusalem. I was jealous of all of my friends' international travels and I decided I needed some fun trip to go on as well. So where do I go? Arizona, and let me tell you, it was a doozy of a trip. Let me just brag about all the cool things I saw while my friends are experiencing weird foods, international date lines, and oh yeah, foreign languages....


I woke up bright and early Saturday morning at 5:00am. It was SO early!!! However, it meant we are on the road at 6 am and off we went. When driving that early in the morning the roads aren't that busy, so we made good time. We stopped in Nephi and took a quick pit stop and filled up the tank. We drove some more and at this point I pulled out my laptop to type an assignment for class tomorrow. After that was finished I did some reading and then took a nap. Exciting stuff, I know. At this point I decided that it was time to take advantage of the dvd player in the suburban. Stuffles had been napping but woke up as I put in A Knight's Tale, with some of the best eye candy in the world: Heath Ledger. Sigh. It was good. Such a fun movie. We made a quick fuel stop in Panguitch and also decided to get some fun things to eat. From there Roommate A drove the rest of the way. We did stop in Page, AZ where we ate yummy Subway sandwiches. SO good. The drive started to get a little more interesting as we saw all sorts of crazy red rock mountains and runaway sage brush. It was quite the adventure.

We finished our drive in beautiful Prescott, Arizona. It was really pretty and a gorgeous 75 degrees. We got ourselves settled and then Roommate A took us on a tour of Prescott. It was a beautiful town with beautiful architecture.

This is what we saw as we drove into Prescott. Prescott Lakes. It was so pretty!

This is the Yavapi Courthouse. A gorgeous building!

A really cute Victorian house in Prescott. I LOVED this house. I want to live in something like this someday. I love it.

This is the restaraunt where we ate dinner. It was yummy food. :-D I love Mexican food.

So we had a great little tour, ate good food, and then watched The Greatest Game Ever Played. Which I hadn't seen before. However, it was a really good movie and I loved it. We then went to bed and woke up nice and early (5:30 am Arizona time) to leave at 6am Arizona time. We made really good time only stopping twice for gas.
This is a view of the canyon as we drove home. It was a pretty day to drive through the canyon.

We arrived back in Provo at approximately 4:30pm. Sigh. It was a long two days in the car, but it was a lot of fun and a nice little vacation. Don't know when that will happen again...and now back to normality!!

0 comments: