Saturday, February 02, 2008

halluciniations

Someone told me the other day when I mentioned I was on a codeine cocktail for this awful sickness I have, that codeine tends to cause hallucinations. The first thing that came to my mind was the fact that I believed that because the afternoon before when I had stayed home from school and work I had slept and during that deep sleep I had a crazy hallucination. It was so real. In this hallucination the sun was shining and a good friend came over and just held me so that I could feel better. I woke up and watched him leave and told him to not be afraid to call me so we could hang out again. It was a nice hallucination, one that I thought was real. When I woke up, I honestly had to think if it had happened or not.

The other hallucination happened this afternoon. I was watching President Hinckley's funeral and I fell asleep. So in this hallucination I was sleeping and my phone started vibrating and my roommate decided that it would be a good idea to put my phone by my head it bothered me so bad that I picked it up and threw it across the room. It stopped vibrating. Then it started again, and this same roommate put it by my head again. This time I yelled "No, don't do that, it hurts! I don't want it!" I proceeded to make it stop vibrating and threw it again. When I woke up with a start the first thing I did was look to where I had left my phone on the table, it was still there. And it wasn't on vibrate. So I asked my other roommate if I had said anything and she said no. So at least my hallucinations don't include vocalizations.

These hallucinations have been so real to me! It's been incredible, truly incredible.

Have you ever had hallucinations? What have they been like?

0 comments: