Friday, February 22, 2008

wow

Well....I found a date for tonight. Finally. It was quite the ordeal. I had asked an old friend of mine, but alas, he had plans. My dad was going to be my date...but he got sick. I then called 3 other friends, 2 couldn't go and one didn't answer. So then...I decided to call up my friend flippin' and ask him if he would be willing to go with me to ballet in concert. he said yes, so off we went. the ballet was incredible. truly incredible. if you have the opportunity to see it before tomorrow night...do it! my breath was taken away so many times and i truly was impressed by their performance. My favorite were the Antony Tudor pieces. So good.

so after the ballet we made our way to get some ice cream and had a lot of really good conversation. It's funny how being honest is so much more fun than trying to think about what you are saying and trying to make sure you don't make a fool of yourself. Truly...I am a firm believer in jsut being yourself on a date. The true you is going to come out eventually...why not make it come out on the first date so that there are no surprises later? yeah...my own personal rant for the day.

Anywho, one of my favorite parts of the conversation went like this: so what are you not anti?
"I am not anti ______" man...those were fun. the best one was the one with the triple negative. I don't remember what it was but it was something like "I am not anti not ______" greatest thing ever. and if my mind was functioning better I might remember...but I definitely won't remember in the morning, it's late, and i have rehearsal at 7:30 in the morning. ha. I should go to bed...so off I go. Ciao my friends.

0 comments: