Monday, February 04, 2008

Lent

Lent begins on Wednesday. I have a few friends (shocker, I know) who have been asking around and are wondering what people are giving up for Lent this year. Lent is one of those Catholic holidays were people give up something for 40 days and nights. So....people who are not Catholic still like to celebrate by giving up funny things, or good things, or something. Tangerine explains what some people have done, and what she might do.

This, along with a conversation with chillygator, got me thinking as to what I might do. I've always told people there is no point in doing lent...because I'm not Catholic. But, I think this year I could maybe do something....the question is what? What should I give up? What do I want to give up? I've thought long and hard about this....and I think I'm going to give up.......Nutella. It's really, really good. I love it, but it's expensive. And I shouldn't pay the $3+ to buy a small little container every time I want it. So...Nutella...I must say goodbye to you. I will eat you tomorrow, and that will be the end...until March 23rd. When Lent is finally over. I shall miss you my love....


P.S. I promise I am not disappearing from the blogging world. It will be a couple of days before I post again, but when I do, it's going to be a doozy. Expect something fantastically wonderful

0 comments: