Thursday, July 31, 2008
So...the rules are as follows for this chain letter:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Write six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your blog entry is up.
2. as you see, I posted the rules. go me.
3. 6?! are you crazy?! okay...I'll do it. see below
4. he he he, my favorite part: I tag ... Chilly, Tiburon, Krishna, Stuffles, Katria, and Chels!
6. done and DONE! Wow, I'm a good little rule follower aren't I?
okay... 6 random things
1. i like to eat cake for breakfast
2. i don't like to eat spaghetti
3. i enjoy playing around in photoshop
4. i have a new found love for painted toenails
5. i like the look of smart water water bottles. Also, I like Vitamin water.
6. I currently have a thing for Tostitos Salsa Con Queso
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Swing Kid and I are still dating. We went and saw Dark Knight. I liked it. That is all.
School is almost over for summer term. This means I am ending my full-time student career in about 2 weeks. YAY!!!
I love life and that's all I have to say for now. Sorry to be so boring. :-D Have a happy day!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
Today's Favorite Monday subject consists of my favorite Amusement Park ride. I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of roller coasters. I'm really not. However, I do enjoy the Yo-Yo swing type rides.
Friday, July 25, 2008
And now today feels funny b/c with yesterday being a state holiday and I didn't have to work...today I do have to work. odd, I know.
Finally, because it's Friday, it's time for your weekly Friday Fill-in!
1. I believe whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger; at least, that's how the saying goes.
2. If you're good at something, do it for all to see. Also, love what you are good at, it makes life better.
3. Why so many things are out of my reach, I do not know.
4. Something is out there, it's calling my name.
5. If my life were a sitcom, it would be titled something clever.
6. Sitting on my back porch [if you don't have one, use your imagination] I see trees, grass, a garden and children playing games together.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to show #2 , tomorrow my plans include studying for a test, closing night of the show, and a cast party and Sunday, I want to get my visiting teaching done, catch up on some sleep, and enjoy a beautiful summer evening!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
I hereby invite you to my first performance as a professional dancer with Legacy Dance Theater in the production Pioneer Legacy.
It's a story of faith, miracles, and love. I love this show a lot and know that it's a great way to celebrate what our ancestors did for us. The show is July 24th, 25th, and 26th at 9:00 pm and best of all it is FREE! It is performed in an outdoor amphitheater called Spring Acres Arts Park in Springville, Utah. (1320 East 630 South) I really enjoy performing at this venue b/c it is outside and it just makes the whole experience 10x better. If you come, I would love to hear your comments on the production! Have a wonderful weekend y'all!
Directions to the Arts Park are as follows: Take I-15 exit 260. go east to 1300 east, turn right at the 4-way stop sign. Go to 620 S, turn right and look for the sign for Arts Park. (It will be on your right.) (there are little red signs that say Arts Park to guide you if you get lost)
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Monday, July 21, 2008
Wow. I can't even imagine doing something like this. Ever. Seriously? You want some random stranger to be in your wedding so you can purchase your dream dress? Wow. I have no more words....your thoughts on the matter??
Imagine my surprise when I walked out of the testing center, looked at the screen and saw my student number followed by a 100% and Perfect Score! I was shocked. I laughed. I double checked my number 3 times, and even pulled out my student ID card to make sure I really did have the correct 5 digits. I was SUPER shocked. Some kid came in as I was looking at it, and said, "Wow, perfect score!" and I was like "yeah, never happened to me before, I can't believe it" He was impressed with me. I felt really good about myself. I still do in fact! I have never gotten a little message from the testing center, so the fact that I did with a class that I hate makes me so ecstatic. It's amazing. What a way to start a Monday eh?!? Hope all y'all have a good day. :-)
Friday, July 18, 2008
The genius that is behind this sing-along blog is incredible. I'm loving it. It is so awesome. Truly. I don't lie about things that are awesome. I can't wait for Act III tomorrow!!! :-)
You should seriously check it out. Do it now. Please. For me. Because you love me.
Happy Friday y'all!
1. If I could be a fly on the wall I would pray to not get squished.
2. Jealousy is not something I want in my life.
3. When I see a shooting star my wish would be that all my dreams could come to.
4. I'd rather be with the people I love than all by my lonesome any day!
5. Certain songs when I hear them make me wanna dance the night away.
6. If time were in a bottle I would carry it with me so when I wanted extra time, I could just pull it out and voila! More time.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to rehearsal getting done before 8p so I can go on a date with my marketing book, tomorrow my plans include rehearsal, wal*mart shopping, and other fun things and Sunday, I want to learn something new and try a new recipe
Thursday, July 17, 2008
So, anon asked "how does swing kid compare with the other male species that you have kissed?"
Well dear anon, this is a fun question. In my experience of kissing the male species I have found that each person seems to better than the last. This is definitely true for my first kiss, to my second-first kiss. Maybe it's because I have gotten better myself? Who knows....
What I do know is that swing kid is definitely in the top 3 people I have kissed. I want reveal the order of the top 3, but he is up there. He's an amazing person and I have found that we can talk about just about anything and everything, which makes life very pleasant.
I hope that answers your question Anon...any others y'all might have?? (Wiwi Kalawi, I promise to get to your question...I'm working on it!!)
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Awesome no? Yeah...it hurts like the dickens. :P
Also, I have only gotten one question from my Q & A post, and while I promise to get to your question anon, I hope to get more questions! :) Have a great day y'all!!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
2. I learned a new word today. Panacea. It is a "remedy for all diseases or ill" or "an answer or solution for all problems or difficulties." Panacea is also a Greek Goddess.
3. I had the privelege of bringing a 71 lb suitcase that was mailed to our department from the mailroom to our office. Probably the oddest thing I have ever seen come through the mail here. Crazy.
4. This week is not going to be pretty, so I'm sorry if my posts lack their usual awesomeness.
5. To help with my lack of awesomeness, I am going to copy Tiburon and conduct my own
Q & A. So here are the directions: Ask me a question, any question, random questions, important questions, silly questions, thought provoking questions...you get the idea. What have you always wanted to know about me? I do reserve the right to veto questions that reveal TOO much about me, but I will try to give you answers to your questions. Just ask me a question in the comment section of this post and I'll get to a couple (or more depending on how many there are) each day. Ready? Set? GO!!!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Anyways, today's Favorite Monday has made me crave the ability to go to my favorite restaurant. Mmmm....Pizza. I love pizza. I love all sorts of pizza, from a supreme/everything on it, to a canadian bacon and pineapple pizza or even a bbq chicken pizza, i just love pizza. It makes my heart happy.
However, my FAVORITE pizza comes from California Pizza Kitchen. (I love this restaurant for many reasons, from the yummy pizza, salads, drinks, oh yeah...and the straws that rock!) So my favorite pizza of theirs is the Thai Chicken on honey wheat crust.
it's got a little bit of zip to it, but is so yummy...dang. now I REALLY want one. Happy Monday y'all!!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Today, I woke up and made my way down to rehearsal, which was only slightly frustrating, but I tried not to let myself get too frustrated. Because we all know that frustration does not lead to production....
After finishing up at rehearsal I made my way to Seven Peaks water park. Barry did a great job at describing all the fun rides and such from his trip a week or so ago, and while I did not get to go on all the rides he did, I had a blast. However, I am very tired after a full day of dancing and being in the sun. I feel like the sun sucked everything out of me. :P It was totally and completely worth it though. I hope all y'all's weekends were fantastic. Ciao!!
Friday, July 11, 2008
Thanks to Megan from Friday Fill-ins for this awesomeness!!
1. Oh, I can't wait until I have a degree, family, and a home.
2. Lots and lots of food. None of it belonging to me, is the first thing I see when I open my refrigerator.
3. I never leave home without my keys, cell-phone, and wallet.
4. If I were a condiment, I would be mustard because I can be sweet and spicy depending on what you want. ;)
5. Leaving your car blinker on unnecessarily is really high up on my list of pet peeves.
6. The last thing I thought of before I went to bed was (he he he) Swing Kid.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to rehearsal ending at 7:30 and time spent with my favorite person, tomorrow my plans include rehearsal, 7 peaks, and more time with my favorite person and Sunday, I want to enjoy the Sabbath to the fullest extent possible!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Summer Senses Meme
List the things you love about summer for each of the five senses and tag five people at the end. Simple!
Taste: Fresh watermelon, corn on the cob, grilled meats, and home-made ice cream.
Touch: Warm Grass on my bare feet, the feel of water surrounding me, the sunshine on my skin.
Sight: SUNSHINE!!! Green grass, shade under big trees, the moon and stars, and people playing and enjoying themselves like children.
Smell: the smell of a warm summer rain, chlorine, sunscreen, and camp fires.
Auditory: The sounds of children playing, sprinklers, and crickets at night.
And now for 5 of you to be tagged.... I tag, Tibuorn, Katria, Casi, Barry, and CPM. And any of you other bloggers out there that want to play, let me know if you do so I can come "sense" your summer!!! :-)
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
I wish I understood what makes time slow down and what makes time speed up. I swear I don't do much different from day to day. My job is pretty much the same every single day during the summer months. Maybe it's the little things that seem to make or break my day.
Or maybe...maybe I should try this spell... anyone have a "blessed red pen?" I think I might need it..... ha ha ha.
The Big Read says that the average adult has only read 6 of the top 100 books they’ve printed.
1) Look at the list and bold those you have read
2) Italicize those you intend to read.
And now….. THE BIG READ TOP 100
1. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
2. The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien
3. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
4. The Harry Potter Series JK Rowling
5. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
6. The Bible
7. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
8. Nineteen Eighty Four - George Orwell
9. His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman
10. Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
11. Little Women - Louisa M Alcott
12. Tess of the D’Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy (at least I think I read this…I can’t remember)
13. Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
14. Complete Works of Shakespeare
15. Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier
16. The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien
17. Birdsong - Sebastian Faulks
18. Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger
19. The Time Traveller’s Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
20. Middlemarch - George Eliot
21. Gone With The Wind - Margaret Mitchell
22. The Great Gatsby - F Scott Fitzgerald
23. Bleak House - Charles Dickens
24. War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy
25. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
26. Brideshead Revisited - Evelyn Waugh (maybe.)
27. Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
28. Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
29. Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll
30. The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame
31. Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy
32. David Copperfield - Charles Dickens
33. Chronicles of Narnia - CS Lewis
34. Emma - Jane Austen
35. Persuasion - Jane Austen
36. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - CS Lewis
37. The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
38. Captain Corelli’s Mandolin - Louis De Bernieres
39. Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
40. Winnie the Pooh - AA Milne
41. Animal Farm - George Orwell
42. The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
43. One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
44. A Prayer for Owen Meaney - John Irving
45. The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins
46. Anne of Green Gables - LM Montgomery
47. Far From The Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy
48. The Handmaid’s Tale - Margaret Atwood
49. Lord of the Flies - William Golding
50. Atonement - Ian McEwan
51. Life of Pi - Yann Martel
52. Dune - Frank Herbert
53. Cold Comfort Farm - Stella Gibbons
54. Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen
55. A Suitable Boy - Vikram Seth
56. The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
57. A Tale Of Two Cities - Charles Dickens (maybe someday.)
58. Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
59. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
60. Love In The Time Of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
61. Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
62. Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov Nabokov
63. The Secret History - Donna Tartt
64. The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
65. Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas (honestly an amazing book)
66. On The Road - Jack Kerouac
67. Jude the Obscure - Thomas Hardy
68. Bridget Jones’ Diary - Helen Fielding
69. Midnight’s Children - Salman Rushdie (looks kinda interesting…by the title.)
70. Moby Dick - Herman Melville
71. Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens
72. Dracula - Bram Stoker
73. The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett
74. Notes From A Small Island - Bill Bryson
75. Ulysses - James Joyce
76. The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
77. Swallows and Amazons - Arthur Ransome
78. Germinal - Emile Zola
79. Vanity Fair - William Makepeace Thackeray
80. Possession - AS Byatt
81. A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens
82. Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
83. The Color Purple - Alice Walker
84. The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro
85. Madame Bovary - Gustave Flaubert
86. A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry .
87. Charlotte’s Web - EB White
88. The Five People You Meet In Heaven - Mitch Albom (the movie was AWESOME)
89. Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
90. The Faraway Tree Collection - Enid Blyton
91. Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
92. The Little Prince - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
93. The Wasp Factory - Iain Banks
94. Watership Down - Richard Adams
95. A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole
96. A Town Like Alice - Nevil Shute -
97. The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas
98. Hamlet - William Shakespeare
99. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Roald Dahl
100. Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
Read : 22 (hey, I've read more than 6!!!)
Want to read: 14 (although truth be told I have a very long list elsewhere of books I want to read, but this is a good place to start. J )
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Then it hit me. It was from a part in Hansel and Gretel that I performed 2 years ago. There was this one dance that the dove (yes, there is a dove in the ballet version) and the witch have a face off/pas de deux with the henchmen while Hansel and Gretel are sleeping. One of my favorite dances, because all I had to do was sit on stage and sleep. Best dance EVER. However, I did have to listen to the music a lot because we would have to practice being on the floor so everyone could dance around us. Thus when the music came on, I was quite shocked. I actually freaked out. It was the randomest thing that happened to me and I still can't get over that I know own that music. Crazy.
Monday, July 07, 2008
After waking up this morning I can feel the goodness that this week is going to bring. Today has been a marvelous day so far, and it's only 11 in the morning. :-D
This post has two purposes today, first: to congratulate my wonderful, beautiful, fantastic, smart, witty friend Chilly on her 300th post! Go Chilly!! The 300th post is a fantastic one, and I'm excited to share it with all of you! She is having a MARVELOUS giveaway...go check her out and leave a comment for your chance to win. Heaven knows I am!!
My second purpose today, is to share with all of you something that Tiburon has got me addicted on, and that's My Favorite Monday. Today's topic is something that I LOVE: desserts!!! oh dear me oh my is what I thought when I saw today's topic. I love, love, love making dessert. I also love eating it. A lot. It's hard to narrow it down to just one favorite dessert, but if I was to pick my absolute favorite thing to eat dessert wise I would have to say cheesecake.
I love cheesecake with fruit on top, I love it with caramel on top, but my favorite is the chocolate marble kind. Yum! yum, yum yum!!! :-) So all y'all...what's your favorite dessert? i know you want to play along....
Sunday, July 06, 2008
Thursday, July 03, 2008
1. My Freedom, which I will celebrate tomorrow by sleeping in, doing laundry, eating good food, hiking Y mountain, watching fireworks, and possibly going swing dancing into the wee morning hours.
2. My awesome family that decided to come to Cougartown for lunch yesterday and invited me along. Awesome sauce.
3. My sweet roommates that go running with me, watch movies with me, and party in the kitchen to cool music with me.
4. My awesome g-talk friends that help keep me entertained whenever I am bored.
5. Apple trailers. For giving me something to distract myself when I need a 2-3 minute break from awful Excel sheets.
6. Google. For creating nifty things to organize my life.
7. My car. That takes me places I need to go.
Wow! So many things to be thankful for today! What are you thankful for??
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
See...I'm the oldest child in my family. I am 22 years old, my next sibling is 17.5, followed by the 15 year old (who is almost 16. yikes) and the youngest who is 12 going on 13 going on 30. (great movie btw). So...with such a young family, even still, we have watched practically every Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks movie out there. Including ones that should never have been made. (awful things those sequel to video movies....) ANYWHO....due to my superior knowledge of everything Disney I have songs to go with my life. Not that I mind. I love Disney music. The classic stuff is great. I seriously enjoy listening to Mulan, Pocahontas, The Little Mermaid, or the non-Disney but still fantastic animated Anastasia.
So there you go. The reason I tie my life into Disney movies, songs, dances, etc. That was fun. Any other questions all y'all want me to answer???
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
So yes...I've decided that I Won't Say (I'm in Love)...but now that I've given you insight that I might possibly be in love with something before all y'all freak out...
I'm in love with my finance class. At least, for the week I'm in love with it. We have a test this week and last night I was doing the practice problems from chapter 2 and all they were these problems where you take equations, fill in the numbers and solve for x (which might stand for OCF, CFA, NCS, NWC, etc.) and that's when I remembered how much I love Algebra!! Algebra is my favorite form of math...Calculus was okay minus all the graphs...but Algebra. sigh. Algebra and I are best friends. I have a very easy time getting along with Algebra. Therefore, because all my finance class has been so far is a understanding what the equations mean, where to get the numbers for the different symbols, and then just plugging in the variables I am LOVING IT!!! Hopefully this trend continues the rest of the semester. Finance and I might actually get along for another 6 weeks....
(here's the link of lyrics for the song)