Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
"I'm not supposed to love you, I'm not supposed to care, I'm not supposed to live my life wishing you were there. I'm not supposed to wonder where you are or what you do...I'm sorry I can't help myself, I'm in love with you." - Anonymous
"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you I had no control over." - Anonymous
"Yes I love him. I love him more than anything else in this world and there is nothing that I would like better than to hold on to him forever. But I know it's not for the best. So no matter how much my heart is going to break, I've got to let him go so he can know just how much I love him. Maybe if i'm lucky, he'll come back, but if not, I can make it thorugh this." - Anonymous
"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumbe one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should just be friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way int your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love." - Neil Gaiman
"If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning. " - Gandhi
"The most important thing is God's blessing and if you believe in God and you believe in yourslef, you have nothing to worry about." - Mohamed Al-Fayed
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
So ... I am avoiding all homework. I shouldn't I need to be in bed in less than an hour and I have a butt-load of things to get done. So once this is done, then I'm off to bed. :-) I'd love to see all y'all do this...but only if you want to! (or are avoiding something! ;) )
1. Put Your iTunes, Windows Media Player, MP3 Player, or whatever on Shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. You must write down the name of the song no matter how silly it sounds!
4. Put any comments in brackets after the song name.
If someone says, “Is this okay?” You say?
How would you describe yourself?
What do you like in a guy/girl?
How do you feel today?
"You Need A Man Around Here" (gah. How ironic)
What is your life’s purpose?
"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" (bwa ha ha!)
What is your motto?
"Me and My Gang"
What do your friends think of you?
"Sunshine" (this is actually quite perfect)
What do you think of your parents?
Every Little Kiss
What do you think about very often?
Do Wah Diddy Diddy
What is 2 + 2?
We’ve Got Nothing But Love to Prove
What do you think of your best friend?
What do you think of the person you like?
I Loved Her First (gosh dang it…)
What is your life story?
All These Lives
What do you want to be when you grow up?
What do you think of when you see the person you like?
Pocketful of Sunshine (oh dear...so true!)
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
I am so happy that today is Thursday. It's been a long week, especially since I woke up Tuesday morning thinking it was Wednesday, but the weekend is practically here and boy, do I have fun things planned! Have a great Thursday y'all, and don't forget to enter to win!
Monday, October 20, 2008
mmm... yum. I love Halloween candy.
Like Chilly, I love the Indian corn, candy corn stuff. But I prefer the pumpkins from that type of mix. :-) YUMMY! I have already had so much of that stuff....but I still love it.
ALSO! don't forget my 500th post giveaway, the odds are pretty good for the few who have entered. ;) It ends on Thursday!!!!
Friday, October 17, 2008
2. Contact solution is something I always take with me on vacation.
3. To achieve your goals, you must follow your dreams.
4. The fact that I get to graduate in April is something I'd like you to know about me.
5. I have an amazing boyfriend.
6. Rootbeer floats. My midnight snack last night. Yummy.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to being with my boyfriend, tomorrow my plans include dinner with friends from High School and Sunday, I want to go for a walk in the sunshine!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
2. Chile's Fajita Pita is a recipe I recently made (or meal I recently ordered) that was delicious!
3. It's time for me to get in the shower and get ready for the day.
4. The crisp fall air is quite refreshing.
5. If I never hear the word "X" again, it'll be too soon.
6. To one side of the curving road was a a pumpkin farm, and on the other was a marvelous corn maze filled with children.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a photo shoot for a friend, tomorrow my plans include watching the BYU vs New Mexico game and many other happenings and Sunday, I want to not freeze after a weekend full of cold weather!
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
In other news....my composer is doing amazing things and we have 3.5 minutes worth of music. I am super stoked about this.
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Saturday, October 04, 2008
Friday, October 03, 2008
1. What are your nicknames?
I don't have very many....but they include Alishka, Allie, Licii, and Arope.
2. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD?
It's a performance VHS of one of my shows with Academy of Ballet.
3. What is your favorite scent?
sigh. I love smells. This is hard! My favorite to wear is Black Amethyst. My favorite to smell is rain and Christmas trees.
4. What one place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to?
San Diego, CA. Although this could change when I go home for Christmas.
5. Do you trust easily?
Yes, I do.
6. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think?
Uh....It's pretty simultaneous for me honestly.
7. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?
Apathy, no sleep, and my family living in another state.
8. Do you have a good body image?
Yes I do!!
9. What is your favorite fruit?
ah fruit. I love fruit. I love peaches, strawberries, raspberries, and kiwi. OH! and mango.
10. What websites do you visit daily?
Way too many. Facebook, Gmail, KSL, comics.com and my Google Reader to name a few...
11. What have you been seriously addicted to lately?
Salsa con Queso, french fries, and ice cream.
12. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
She is a fun person who loves The Office, good books, and funny things. She always makes me laugh in her posts and enjoys beautiful scenery.
13. What's the last song that got stuck in your head?
um....I don't remember. I haven't really had one stuck in my head recently.
14. What's your favorite item of clothing?
My little black dress with heels. :-)
15. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?
oh yes. They are very yummy.
16. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground?
I would turn it into a lost and found. However, if I found it in the middle of the forest with no one around, I would use it for something fun and festive. Maybe for a night out with my man...
17. What items could you not go without during the day?
My cell phone, chapstick, lotion, and watch.
18. What should you be doing right now?
Hanging up pictures in the display case, finishing the department phone book, or finding that computer that needs the tag on it. Things I wish I could do right now: SLEEP.
now as far as tagging others goes...I tag anyone who hasn't been tagged by me before and feels like filling this thing out! Let me know if you do it! ;)
2. Spiders scare me!
3. Leaves are falling all around, it's definitely windy outside.
4. My favorite horror movie is nonexistant because i don't think i've seen enough horror movies to have a "favorite." I only watch them if a boy holds me during it.
5. Last night = good memories.
6. It was a dark and stormy night one crisp, Hallow's Eve. The witches were out witchin' the ghosts a howlin' and the cute little kids were trick or treating!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to something fun and relaxing with SwingKid, tomorrow my plans include General Conference and Sunday, I want to go to church in my pj's! (aka General Confernece)