Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dating Battle Stories: Marathon of Dates Part Two

see part one here

Date #4 - April 16th

My best friend Truit married this great guy. I am really good friends with this couple and I love doing things with them. We have dinner on some Sundays, they went to the temple with me, basically these guys are awesome-sauce.  Anyways, about two-ish weeks ago I was hanging out with them and Truit's husband mentions how he has single friends - specifically his classmate that he studies with all the time. I ask him why he hasn't set me up yet and he promises to get right on that. last week he calls me and we set up the date. Let's call my date Blindman2 (original right? ha ha).

So, I met Blindman2 at Truit's apartment and all four of us went off to Macaroni Grill. I got the same dish as the last time I was there and it didn't disappoint. :o) conversation flowed nicely at dinner and Blindman2 was nice. He's definitely a nerd - but a nice one so it's okay. After dinner we opted to go back to the Truit's apartment and played a few games while chatting. It was fun and Blindman2 was great company. At the end of the date he got my number, which I take as a good sign. He hasn't used my number since, but it has been finals time so I'm not too worried. We'll see what happens. I'm open to having a second date, but who knows.

In the Works:
 
Tonight I have a date #2 with Fryman and then tomorrow I have date #3 with the Argonaut. Also, remember this post where I mentioned this boy? Well, I finally got BRAVE and sent him an email via Facebook (gotta love Facebook - plus we were friends b/c of the concert) basically asking him to go out to dinner with me. Well...he replied and said.... YES! So, I'm not sure when yet, but we're going to get together and get to know each other better. I'm all sorts of excited about it.

Also, I asked the Australian to go on a real date with me, and he told me he likes me and loves hanging out with me, but he's not in a place to really date me for reals right now. So...we're going to stay friends. I'm okay with this. I'm glad I took the risk to ask him and luckily for me it hasn't changed my friend with benefits (sort of) status that we have. Ha.

Anyways, life is peachy, work is nuts, my sister is getting married in less than 2 months and I am very ready for Spring to be here.

0 comments: