Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tender Mercy Tuesday - 19th Edition

After the shortest relationship I have ever had happened in the past 2 days I have found that I really am so blessed. The tender mercies of this weekend and last night have overwhelmed me.
  • My dear friend Bassbob called me within 10 minutes of getting off the phone with Fryman. Honestly, I was just starting to feel sorry for myself and he pulled me right out of that slump.
  • My other Bob friend (Becky Bob) has been a great friend. We've always been good friends, but in recent weeks our friendship has grown and we talk via email and text messaging almost daily. I love her. 
  • I wouldn't have the above two things happen to me if it weren't for the amazing technology of this day and age. I love that I am blessed to be here NOW when all these things are possible.
  • I am going to a funeral today, and while it is a sad moment to say good-bye to someone at the same time this man lived a full life. He was amazing and he is in a much better place now.
  • I still feel peace. Even with Fryman totally making a 180 degree turn and changing his mind on how he feels about dating me....we're not completely throwing it out the window. There is still a chance but like I said last night, I'm not holding my breath. 
  • Patience is a virtue that I obviously need to keep working on in my life.
  • Work has been crazy, but even with it being crazy I find time to hang out with my friends and do fun things. I love it.
  • My new ward is pretty cool. Still getting to know people, but I'm excited about it!
And basically, this sums up how I'm going to deal with life right now:

3 comments:

Becky said...

I heart you, Ballet Bob. ;)

Emily said...

Aww... what a bummer about your relationship. But, it's like you said in my office the other day, everything works out like it's supposed to.

Unknown said...

Alicia, you are AWESOME! I love reading how your life is so amazing and about your attitude taking it all in and about all your blessings and about the really, really cool way you're seeing the world right now and ...well, I could go on. Just know that I love you and keep you in my prayers LOTS!

Dad