Monday, April 25, 2011

Nevermind

Thank you guys for being so cute and supportive and excited for me. It's always a nice feeling to get comments and to have people share in on your joy.

I just had a nice long conversation with Fryman.

Sigh. Boys are so....confusing!

He called to tell me he's just not feeling right about us dating right now. He hated saying it, I could totally tell. He's not sure if it's just feelings of being scared of committing to a relationship or if it's more of a this isn't going to work with us right now...but regardless we're stepping back.

like way back.

like, we're not dating exclusively, we're not going to see each other this week. maybe we'll go out next week, but i'm not getting my hopes up.

I knew this was a possibility based on some of our text messages today. I'm not going to lie, I hate it. I had such a peaceful feeling about us dating yesterday and to have that dashed to pieces - it hurts. Granted, it takes two people that both are feeling right about the situation to make a relationship work. I guess it hurts the most because I did let him kiss me and I felt so good about taking that step.

But what's a girl to do?  I can't force him to do something he doesn't want to do. If it's not right...then it's NOT RIGHT. And the peace I felt...I knew that it was a peaceful feeling in that it was okay. That doesn't mean it was going to mean an instant relationship or anything. I am just full of sad right now. I wish that it would have worked...I wish dating was easier.

{source}

4 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, hun, I'm sorry! I know how excited you were for this boy. I love you, tho, and I have absolutely no doubts that the right man is going to come along and completely sweep you off of your feet. Cuz I'm a romantic and that's how we are things. Haha, but no really. =)

Becky said...

Annnndddd by are I mean see. Dang phone. =)

erin said...

Like my dad always said, you never know unless you try. And at least the boy is trying. A lot of boys don't!

I think it's great that you're secure enough about yourself to blog your feelings to the world. :)

Stacylyn said...

Oh my goodness. And boys think we are confusing? Seriously. I'm sorry. That's too bad. I'll be your girlfriend.