Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Tender Mercy Tuesday - Performance Edition

Today's Tender Mercies are all about dancing. I am so blessed to still have dance as a part of my life. I love it so much and even though I am not always the one on stage, the rewards of seeing my girls put their best effort forward and come out on the otherside different people make my heart burst with joy.

My students are amazing. They have worked so hard these past few months and they look marvelous on stage. I love each of them so much and getting to work with them from week to week and see the mass improvements they have made is incredible.

"To touch, to move, to inspire. This is the true gift of dance." - Aubrey Lynch

I am also oh so very grateful for the tender mercy of being able to perform again. Dancing these past few weeks and learning this choreography has been a healing balm for my soul. 

"To watch us dance is to hear our hearts speak." - Hopi Indian Saying
That quote above perfectly describes how I feel during the piece I am in. Dancing this peace is me letting my heart speak. If you don't have anything going on tonight be sure to stop by the Covey Center and see many beautiful moments. Have a great day y'all!

{source}

0 comments: