Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dating Battle Stories: Sweetums - Part Two

{artwork by Roommate A}

Before we get started, I just want to point out to all you feed reader peoples that I changed my background. I haven't done this in a long time, mostly because I loved that cute little owl! However, I just decided I was bored with him. What do you think?

And now, as I am sure you have all been waiting on pins and needles for this, I bring you Part Two of the Recap on Sweetums. (make sure you've read Part One, or this is going to make NO sense whatsoever.)

So as I got on the plane to fly to Virginia - utterly exhausted mind you - I was very happy. I don't think things could have gone any better than they did. Sweetums and I didn't talk for several days (beyond a happy holidays text to each other) but that makes sense seeing as how we were both spending time with family - and there is a two hour time difference. We did talk about two days before I flew back to Utah and he asked some specifics on how I was getting home from the airport, what time would I land, etc.

When I landed in Utah and turned my phone back on I found a couple of text messages - one from Roommate R (who was picking me up) and one from Sweetums. He told me to give him call after I landed. So...I called him. Sweetums told me that I should gcome down to Elk Ridge where he was hanging out with Mighty Mouse and his wife, (you can search mighty mouse on my blog, i have mentioned him a few times and I used to have a huge crush on him a long time ago) SC and his wife (yes, the famous SC from this post) and SC's family. I agree to meet him down there - so off I go. It was an adventure getting to SC's parent's house - but I eventually made it.  Sweetums met me in the driveway and walked me inside. I met several new people, said hello to the people I knew and sat down to play some games.

Then...it was time to ring in the new year. We stood up to countdown and Sweetums and I are standing right next to each other. As the clock struck midnight and we yell Happy New Year, our married friends celebrated with a kiss and Sweetums put his arm around me. He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "this doesn't change anything, but it is tradition" and then he kissed me. I have to say, I was very pleased with his tactic. I had thought earlier that day while sitting in the Dallas/Fort Worth airport for four hours that I would be okay with a New Years kiss, but I wasn't sure how to convey that to Sweetums. Luckily, he must have thought about it as well seeing as how he went about it that night. :o) It was a very sweet kiss - a very good first kiss in my opinion. I'm not going to lie, after kissing someone for 2+ years I was a little worried about kissing someone new, but I am no longer worried about that. :)

{this is pretty much how that kiss went down... :o) }
After that - I tried sushi (yes, I tried sushi. I wasn't a fan of the texture, but the flavor was good.) and then SC and wife, Mighty Mouse and wife, and Sweetums and I left to go to SC and wife's house. We had so much fun making jokes, laughing SUPER hard, playing scum and just generally hanging out. We stayed up until 3:30 in the morning at which point we all went out to our cars. I'd started my car a few minutes earlier so it would be warm, but Sweetums hadn't. So while his car was heating up, he sat in my car and we talked. We talked about everything under the sun. I shared some secrets with him, we talked about how we still planned on moving slow, we talked about the weather...you name it, I'm pretty sure we talked about it. I don't remember everything we talked about, mostly because by this point I had been up for 24+ hours. (having to leave my parent's house at 6:45a to get to the airport before our flight. ugh.) By the time Sweetums and I finally decided to call it a day and I drove myself home - it was 6 am. I was up for 26 straight hours. Crazy eh? I went to sleep and then spent the day with Roommate A, her boyfriend, and The Australian.

Since then Sweetums and I have talked a couple of times and have made plans to make plans. ha ha. His schedule is still being finalized, but once it has then we'll probably end up doing stuff. :o)

So there you go. My adventures with Sweetums are now up-to date. In fact, all of my Dating Battle Stories are up to date! I will have a new update after this weekend seeing as how I have my first date with the Blindman on Friday. :o) Woo hoo! Have a great day y'all!

1 comments:

tiburon said...

I am so sorry I have been so absent! I am sorry to hear about the break up and everything you have been going through!

I promise to be better.

Really.