Thursday, January 27, 2011

things, schmings

Welcome friends. It is finally Thursday. It felt like it took ages to get here, but here it got. I've struggled this week to find focus and productivity while at work and I VERY MUCH need the day off tomorrow. I have only about 5 bazillion things on my mind so let's get right to it shall we?


  • I skimmed/read John Bytheway's "What I Wish I'd Known When I Was Single" the other day. Don't laugh. I got it a while back when I was in a relationship (it was a free digital download okay?!) but hadn't ever read it. I skimmed it during a break and came across a quote by a random person in John's life that I loved - you might have seen it on Twitter: "The wrong one, Is the right one, To lead you, To the best one." Isn't that just great? I love it.
  • Don't judge, but I'm getting a spray-on tan tonight. I haven't seen the sun in a REALLY long time AND while my legs are in REALLY good shape I have so many bruises that it's pathetic. I tend to bruise super easily and I often don't know where I get said bruises. I want my legs to look fabulous on stage and this is more for me then for you....I'll tell you how it goes later.
  • I am very tired. I have stayed up late the past couple of nights - not for a boy, but just because. sigh. I am SO sleeping in tomorrow.
  • I still need to make a dentist appointment. Have I mentioned how much I hate the dentist?
  • BYU won their basketball game last night. I'll admit I'm sort of a fair weather fan when it comes to basketball - but the game was tons of fun to watch.
  • I perform in FOUR DAYS people. I really hope you're coming. Make sure to find me after the show and say hi. 
  • Oh and said performance that is in four days? Yeah...we still don't know what we're wearing yet. :P 
  • I've started reading Emotional Geology recommended to me by the ever lovely Angie. I can already tell this book is going to 1) be amazing and 2) change me. I'll be sure to post a review for you later.
  • Sister B's birthday is coming up. I'm excited for the plan I have for her. YAY birthdays!!!
  • I didn't go running last night and I won't go again until after the show - but I DID do a pilates workout. Kicked my trash. 
  • I bought new mascara (falsies! we'll see how it works) and lipstick for the show last night. My performance makeup has dwindled in the past few years.
  • Did I mention that I am tired? because I AM!
  • Finally, my fingernails are the healthiest they have been in a LONG time. I'm loving it. :o)
And that's it for me peeps. I hope you all have a great weekend. I have a little something prepped for you tomorrow but other than that I'm probably going to lie low. I have a ton going on and I'll be fairly busy for the next five days. :o) Woo hoo. Catch y'all on the flip side.

{source}

0 comments: