Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Tender Mercy Tuesday - Birthday Edition


Hello dear friends. I love Tuesdays. For me they have been such a great time for reflection and review of the past week. Sundays are also a good day for that, but after the craziness of a Monday it's always nice to take some time on Tuesday to look back and see what wonderful things have blessed my life in the past week.

I have had several small and tender blessings this week, but the one that stands out the most is one that happened on Saturday. I was getting ready for my birthday party when I received a phone call from a dear friend of mine, former RS President and former visiting teacher. She wanted to stop by and visit! I was so excited to see her. :o) She came bearing a wonderful birthday present (which was just SO thoughtful of her!) and apologies for not being able to come and celebrate with me. I didn't mind and I thought she was just the most wonderful thing in the world for stopping by to visit with me on her own time earlier in the day.

I have been so very blessed with the best friends in the world. I realized this weekend as I saw all the people who turned up to support me and celebrate my special day with me that I need to be a better friend. I need to return the favor of sending people little notes, dropping off a special something, or calling just to say hello. It's not that hard to be a good friend - I just need to do it. :o)

What has blessed your life in the past week?

0 comments: