Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Guys. Spring is slowly coming! I always feel like a yo-yo during Springtime in Utah. Gorgeous 60+ degrees one day, snow the next. It can be kind of infuriating, but at the same time I'm used to it so I just shrug my shoulders and say, "C'est la vie!"

Anywho, there have a few different posts by people I know and people I don't know on Spring Cleaning. dun dun duuuun....

My house is in dire need of some good old fashioned spring cleaning. With neither me nor my roommate moving out in the past two years - nor in the foreseeable future, the general areas of our house plus my bedroom are in serious need of a nice DEEP CLEANING. After seeing all of my friends/non-friends and their lists and before/after pictures I've decided that this weekend I am going to do my own Spring Cleaning. I've divided up my house into 5 areas: My Bedroom, the Bathroom, the Laundry room/Hallway, the Living Room/Storage/Balcony area, and the Kitchen. I'm planning on doing my bathroom over the course of today/tomorrow, my bedroom and the laundry room/hallway areas on Friday night and then the rest of the areas (aka the front of the house) on Saturday while watching General Conference. I'm not going to post my detailed list of what I'm doing in each area here but let's just say it is going to be a thorough TOP to BOTTOM spring cleaning. If you want my list of cleaning tasks for each area I'd be happy to share - just leave a comment with your email address (or email me first!) and I'll send you the Excel spreadsheets I've created. he he he. I'm such a crazy, organized cleaner. I love having things checked off on paper! I started doing this on sticky notes - but I needed more room for some of my areas. :o)

ANYWHO....I'm telling you all of this becasue 1) I think it's interesting and 2) I like being able to return and report. Keeps me responsible or something. That's all....let the cleaning commence!!

0 comments: