Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tender Mercy Tuesday - 16th Edition

Well here we are my dear internet friends. Another Tuesday. This past week has been chock-full of crazy, happiness and of course, my surprises.

The 3rd and final surprise was a bridal shower for my little sister. It was a fun, simple party that was enjoyed by all.

Also, it was GREAT fun to have my Mom here. I think that is one of my favorite tender mercies from the past week - seeing my mom! Getting to spend time with her and do fun things was so wonderful. I had 2.5 days off of work and it was nice to have a little mini-vacay even if I didn't go anywhere. I'll get another one of those in the June when I have both my sister's wedding AND the big, huge June recital happening. :o) It will be fun times.

Anyways, I have one other Tender Mercy that I want to share. It relates to my post from Friday. I got to go the temple on Friday and do my own temple work. It was an amazing experience receiving the blessings and making covenants associated with the endowment. I will always remember that day. My best friend, Truit, and her husband came and then my mom was there. I am excited to go again and again doing the temple work for my and others' ancestors. All in all, I have been astounded by the amount of love I have felt in the past several days. My eyes have been opened in so many ways and I know that I made the right choice in going when I did. :o) I am happy.

Now I am just getting ready for the 181st Annual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is going to be a good one, I can feel it. Not that there has ever been a bad one, but I know that this one is going to be just full of awesome. Hopefully spring will start coming, it's supposed to be REALLY nice on Friday but then snow on Saturday/Sunday. :o)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you went through the temple the same day Amanda Hickman got married. Therefore I was also at the temple, just waiting outside. It was still a good experience and I had the opportunity to share with Amanda's family the importance of the temple because they were so upset they couldn't be inside also.