Wednesday, August 24, 2011

FINALLY!!!

I am so happy today is finally here! I have  been waiting impatiently for today for 3 weeks now! See...3 weeks ago today I was supposed to get my hair done. That's my normal 8 week time period and I'm usually ready to get my roots taken care of by then. However, three weeks ago I had the final dress rehearsal for AIDA and was unable to go to my hair appointment and so I had to reschedule. Because of the show and my hair dresser's schedule...the next available appointment was tonight at 5:30pm. I am SO so SO excited to finally get my hair done! I haven't really done much with my hair this week  because I've been hating on it. I'm excited to feel cute again!

In other news today is Day 10 of the 21 Day Challenge. Today's challenge was to find a "closet orphan" aka something that you never wear and save it. Well....here's why this challenge was hard for me - about 7 months ago I went through my closet and turned all the hangars one way. In the next few months Every time I wore a shirt - I turned the hangar the other way so down the road I could see what shirts I wasn't wearing. I then, in May or so, went through my entire closet and got rid of everything that was, basically, a closet orphan. The only exception to this was my work shirt and a few skirts that are super fancy that I don't wear that often, but still fit and I still love. So what's a girl to do? Well...I went with my work shirt. It's a Land's End shirt and when I got it, it was very much too big for me. I had my mom take it in for me, but it still fit funny. I can count on one hand how many times I've worn this shirt in the past 2 years. My biggest beef with this shirt is that it seems to ride up when I'm sitting, so I'm constantly readjusting and that's just annoying. Since doing day two, though and discovering that I can pull of the whole tucking in thing, I decided to try that to see if I can love this shirt more seeing as how I'd love to get rid of it, but probably shouldn't. Here's the result:

{shirt: Land's End w/work logo, pants: JC Penny} {I realize it's sort of cut off the collar...sorry, I was in a hurry this morning - running late!}

I actually really like this outfit and I definitely like this shirt more now that I see it on my tucked in. I've always loved the color, so maybe now I'll wear it a little  bit more often. ;) I think pairing it with these higher waisted (no pockets, HATE that about these pants) gray slacks definitely helped out. I feel super long and lean, which I'm not on a normal basis - so yay for me!

Anywho, there you go! I'm loving this challenge. It's definitely pushing me, and my closet, to new heights. Now, here's hoping the work day goes quickly and smoothly so I can enjoy sitting in the salon tonight. :o) Ciao!

4 comments:

hilary biggart said...

this is perhaps my favorite outfit that you have worn throughout the challenge. it looks really classic - go to love a button up and high waisted pants! also, happy new hair!!

Kayla Moncur said...

I agree with Hilly..this is so classic and flattering on you!

Kayla
Freckles in April

Amy said...

I wish I could wear high waisted pants, my butts to big and it looks funny on me. You look rather chic though!

Artista said...

i can count on one hand the number of times i have had my hair done. so diff, you and i.