Friday, August 19, 2011

CLOSING NIGHT!!!!

I can't believe that it is CLOSING NIGHT. Unbelievable! The time has just flown. It feels like yesterday I was auditioning and then finding out that I had made the cast. In reality the entire time I've been doing stuff for the musical has spanned about two months. I have loved making new friends, learning new things, and performing the same show several bazillion times. I've never done a show so many times in my life and, in my mind, it definitely makes all those crazy hours of rehearsal worth it.

ANYWAYS. I know tonight is going to be bittersweet, but I'm ready to move on to other new and exciting things that I know life is going to send my way.

Not only is today closing night of Aida, but it is also Day 5 of the 21 Day Challenge. It was a "belt it" challenge and I knew once I saw this prompt that this challenge wasn't going to be hard for me. I have several tops that have belts that come with them and look super duper cute on me. However, I wanted to try something a tad different, so I pulled a belt that I haven't worn in like 7 years (it doesn't fit like a normal belt on my pants anymore) and paired it with a shirt that I never belt. The look works, I think, and I just might try something like this again!
{short: thrifted pants that I changed into shorts top: DownEast belt: Target? I have no idea...}

I think this works rather well. And I'm not wearing a skirt!!! ha ha ha. :o) Anyways, I'm going to finish this post with a Friday Fill-Ins. Just Because. :o)

1. It's fun to dance around your house in your underwear. Haven't tried it yet? I highly recommend it.

2. Rhubarb crisp is easy to make.

3. I like to be organized and on top of life.

4. I sometimes wonder about things that I will never know!

5. Something I'm very much excited about is the change of seasons. While summer has been all too short around here, I'm excited for the smells and sights of Fall.

6. Auditioning and then participating in the musical was well worth it.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to closing night and the ward campout (I think I'm going), tomorrow my plans include a meeting, a mani/pedi, and some chick flicks and chocolate and Sunday, I want to feel accomplished and put together!

3 comments:

hilary biggart said...

This is my favorite outfit so far! I love the longer shirt paired over the denim shorts! Happy closing night!!

Nemesis said...

Very va va voom! I like it. :-)

Kayla Moncur said...

Whoa bombshell!