Monday, June 30, 2008

Assumptions...

First off....I apologize for being so extremely vague last night...but it was late and I was tired (the time blogger posts as my "posted at" time is an hour earlier than what I really post at. I have yet to figure out why this is the case.)

Second of all....have you ever heard the old adage making assumptions makes an A** out of you and me? Well...some people seem to think that just because I am so incredibly happy means it's about a boy. While, this is true most of the time, and does explain parts of my happiness I am actually incredibly happy for many reasons. Let me give you the list of top 5 reasons why I am so incredibly happy since I am much more coherent after a fantastic night's sleep.

1. My talk went really well yesterday. I am very pleased with it and the feedback I received. Huzzah.

2. I looked super cute yesterday with my fun, new summer dress. LOVE it.

3. My apartment hosted a movie night and we watched one of my all-time favs, Second-Hand Lions

4. During said movie night, Swing Kid stopped by and that made my night.

5. I am no longer the lone person in my apartment. My roommates have all returned from their various adventures and this makes me so ridiculously happy.


So there you go. The top 5 reasons why I am so happy right now. I hope that satisifies all y'all and your silly assumptions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, your "about me" says: "talking about my favorite subject: me, boys and ballet."

I think it is exceptionally reasonable to assume you are making references about a boy, because your own blog includes boys as one of its core subjects.

alishka babushka said...

okay, okay, you have me there...but honestly i could be happy about me or ballet....boys are only 1/3 of the deal...but alas, i guess you can assume what you not, just don't be disappointed when my happiness isn't associated with a boy. ;)

tiburon said...

I never made silly assumptions - but I am thrilled you are happy :)