Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tired Tuesday

I love alliteration. I think it's so nifty.

I am tired. STILL. My poor brain wouldn't stop running last night and I didn't get to bed until the early hours of the morning. Which means getting up for work this morning SUCKED. hard core suckage.

random story about the word "suck" :

once upon a time my dad was not a fan of the words "crap" and "sucks;" in fact, I think that is still the case. ANYWAYS, he would constantly get on our cases about using those words and encourage us to use different language to express our frustration (but not swear words mind you).

So one night, while sitting around the dinner table someone in the family (i have no idea who) was telling a dramatic story that didn't have a happy ending and at one point my mom pipes up with "holy crap, that sucks!" it was basically the FUNNIEST thing any of us had heard and it made it even better when my dad turned to my mom with this look of disbelief that SHE would break the rules. Needless to say, the language barriers in my house were slowly dropped, much to my dad's dismay.

and that's if for me today (for now). I'm exhausted and I'm hoping for a drug-induced early to bed night. Let's hope this happens for my sanity. :p

2 comments:

Bill said...

Heh. That reminds me of a similar story. I once had a very, very uptight roommate who felt it necessary to invite me into a back room and discuss with me the appropriateness of what goes through our apartment for TWENTY MINUTES because I was watching What Not to Wear (yeah, I'll admit it) and Stacey said the word "suck." I tried to humor him for a while, then finally stood up and said, "[Roommate], this conversation sucks," and walked out of the room.

Man, that was a rough year of living with him...

Jules AF said...

Being tired sucks.