Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tender Mercy Tuesday - 55th Edition


Today's Tender Mercy comes from the other day when I was sitting in church (with Solider Boy!)

I'm not going to go into great deal of why this is such a tender mercy to me - it's very personal and close to my heart right now. However, what I do know is that this song that I stumbled upon during Sunday School was exactly what i needed to read. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir does a beautiful arrangement that i'm sharing, but be sure to read the words below. They're very powerful. The third verse is definitely my favorite. :o) I'm so glad that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and will give me these little mercies to aid me through my trials.



Though deep’ning trials throng your way,
Press on, press on, ye Saints of God!
Ere long the resurrection day
Will spread its life and truth abroad,
Will spread its life and truth abroad.

Though outward ills await us here,
The time, at longest, is not long
Ere Jesus Christ will reappear,
Surrounded by a glorious throng,
Surrounded by a glorious throng.

Lift up your hearts in praise to God;
Let your rejoicings never cease.
Though tribulations rage abroad,
Christ says, “In me ye shall have peace.”
Christ says, “In me ye shall have peace.”

0 comments: