Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tender Mercy Tuesday - 54th Edition





Well, here we are. Tuesday afternoon. Today has been fairly good to me. I've been pretty much happy all day (I've also been fairly distracted all day - but more on that tomorrow) and that's been a great thing.

For my tender mercy today I wanted to share something that I read in the Ensign [a magazine The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints puts out every month] the other day that has really stuck with me.

In the article called, "Recognizing God'sHand in Our Daily Blessings" by Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, there was a quote shared by President N. Eldon Tanner (1898–1982):First Counselor in the First Presidency, which said:

“As we reflect on the value of resolving to do better, let us determine to discipline ourselves to carefully select the resolutions we make, to consider the purpose for making them, and finally to make commitments for keeping them and not letting any obstacle stop us. Let us remind ourselves at the beginning of each day that we can keep a resolution just for that day.”

How brilliant of a statement is that? That little reminder - to remind myself daily that I can keep a resolution for just that day is what it is all about. Stephen R.Covey talks about taking "baby steps" in order to do the things that will get us accomplishing big things and creating habits in our lives. That reminder came at a perfect time for me and I'm reminded that I need to keep on taking baby steps every. single. day.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

0 comments: