Tuesday, November 23, 2010

tuesday!

well guys there's like this huge storm coming my way and stuff. Winter warnings, blizzard talk...it should prove for an exciting evening in with SwingKid. (canceled the ballet classes for tonight. no driving on the crazy I-15 for me!)

anyways. I'm getting very excited for the rest of this week (just have to get through 9 hours of work tomorrow!) and then the rest of the holiday season. :o)

And now I bring you (before I get back to my crazy busy desk) Ten on Tuesday.

1. What are your plans for the holidays? Do you travel at Thanksgiving? If you celebrate Christmas, do you travel then, too?
This year I am spending Thanksgiving with SwingKid and his family. Sister B is spending the holiday with HER boyfriend's family...so it will be a very different year for everyone involved.  I am traveling to VA to see my family at Christmas time and I am very much looking forward to that because I get 10 whole days to be with them! (well...more like 8 when you minus two days for flying...but still!)

2. How do you make the plans for the holiday? If you have a significant other, how do you decide which family to visit?
I make plans on how I feel. SwingKid hasn't ever come out to VA for the holidays...it's really expensive and until we're engaged it will probably stay that way. We just...decide I guess?

3. Do you have your Thanksgiving meal at lunch or later in the day?
I'm a fan of having the meal in the early afternoon. Around 2pm. Which is exactly when I'll be eating this year. :o)

4. Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
uh. no. eating good food and being with family is about as crazy as I get.

5. After a big meal do you lounge around or get up and take a walk?
hmm. usually I lounge. Maybe play a game or two of something festive.

6. Do you shop on “Black Friday” or do you avoid it?
Sometimes I shop on Black Friday, sometimes I don't. It honestly depends on what deals are out there and if I want anything bad enough to get up that early in the morning.

7. When do you usually finish your Christmas shopping?
Early. I'm a planner and very organized with my Christmas shopping. I should have it all done before December 10th this year. (probably the latest yet...but SwingKid is HARD to shop for and he's being difficult this year)

8. Do you and your significant other exchange gifts? Is there a budget?
Yes we do. We don't have a set budget...seeing as how one of us has always been in school while we've been dating the budget has been "don't go broke."

9. When do you decorate for the holidays?
Thanksgiving weekend. After Thanksgiving. I plan on doing it Friday/Saturday/Sunday this year. :o)


10. Do you go “all out” with the decor or do you keep it simple?
um....I live in an apt. so I can't really decorate the outside...but I do go pretty "far out" in the living room. I love christmas decor!


one year ago
two years ago

0 comments: