Thursday, August 20, 2009

bad day, hard day, teary day

So. I had a particularly not so happy day yesterday. The last fifteen minutes of work were not happy for me and I did everything I could to fight back the tears that kept wanting to come. BUT I had 3 awesome things happen that helped me feel better about the current situation that is my life.

1. I came home and felt very strongly that I should work on one of my goals as I ate dinner. That goal is to take time each day to study a gospel topic. This week I am studying the Atonement. As I pulled up my computer, I pulled up a talk by President James E. Faust entitled: The Atonement: Our Greatest Hope. This talk really put a few things into perspective for me and I was able to feel a TON better about my situation.

2. I visited Sister B after teaching a ballet class (which had 2 students in it. I hope I get more and I don't die) she told me I had some mail on the table and when I went to go get it, sitting on the table was a beautiful, pink gerbera daisy with a card. This card had a great little poem that I am going to give to you here:

I know things aren't easy for you right now...
You may be wondering how
you're gong to deal with everything that's facing you.
But I know you -
you have a strong spirit -
and even though it might be
hard for you to believe,
I know you have what it takes
to get through this time.
And if you ever need to talk
or if you'd like the support
of a friend,
I'll always be here with open arms, a listening ear,
and a loving shoulder to lean on.
And most important, I'm here to remind you...
as often as you need...
that things are going to be okay. - M. Gentry


Isn't that an awesome poem? It totally made me cry all over again, but I seriously have the best sister in the world here to help me through the hard times. I am SO SO SO lucky to have her here.

3. 3 songs. I love music and it does so much for my soul. My three songs that are helping me right now are as follows:
  1. Daniel Powter's Bad Day
  2. REM's Everybody Hurts
  3. Jo Dee Messina & Tim McGraw's Bring On The Rain
Moral of the story is: it's okay to have bad days, everybody hurts (including me. i know, you thought i was invincible, but that's not true) and the rain isn't going to hurt me. I CAN do this, I WILL do this, and EVERYTHING WILL be OKAY in the end. I just hope it's the end I want. :o)


0 comments: