Friday, June 08, 2007

so yeah...

it was deathly quiet this afternoon at work, but i was reading a book, and then i took a ten minute nap and i didn't feel like posting. but i do right now. so here i am. 10 o'clock on a Friday night. the boy is studying econ like a mad fiend for his test tomorrow night, and me, well I mopped my kitchen floor, started my acc. 200 class (which my prof. is semi-entertaining but at the same time I'm praying i can get through all 15 lessons without dying first. :P) , watched a bazillion Scrubs episodes and made breakfast for dinner. so a pretty accomplished evening if i do say so myself. I'm hoping to take a ballet class in the morning, but I'm not sure it's going to happen. i want it to though, if that counts for anything. :)

I've had the strange urge to clean a lot the past couple of days (thus why i mopped the kitchen. i don't just do that type of stuff...unless it's required for cleaning checks or something. but i don't have those here.) anyways...i was reflecting on why i caught the cleaning bug. and i think it's for two reasons. 1) a lot of the things that need to be cleaned haven't in who knows how long, and it's driving me crazy. 2) i think it's the rain. there is something cleansing about the rain and the way it turns the whole world into a cleaner, fresher place. and since the outside is cleaner and fresher, the inside of my world should be too. so here i am on a Friday night claiming i mopped the floor. and i did. and it needed it bad. hurray for no more sticky kitchen floor. ick.

speaking of cleaning the inside of my world I've been doing a lot of reflecting on my life recently. it's weird how change makes one want to do that. i have some new books checked out that i am really excited about reading. i think it's going to be good for me. also, with some down time to myself i can really think about how i am doing as a person. and you know what? i think I'm doing pretty darn good! :D

0 comments: