Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tender Mercy Tuesday: 57th Edition

Hello dears. I hope you are doing splendidly and are enjoying "Fat Tuesday."

If you're not Catholic (like myself) then this day holds no extreme significance for you. I have, in the past, given up "things" for Lent. However, this year I am focusing not so much on giving things up, but getting things done. Occupying my life. Attempting to be patient until an unknown future date.

Life has been an interesting roller coaster ride as of late. I don't see it as being one of tons of ups and downs, but more of one with lots of twists and turns, new things around every bend. I have understood for a long time that God is omnipotent, but it still never ceases to amaze me how well he knows me and the ability he has to take me on a journey that is the best possible route for me.

Solider Boy told me a personal story last night that directly related to us and our future relationship that just confirmed to me how right this situation is for us right now. I've known it's right, but any outside evidence is always helpful to combating the feelings of doubt and fear that Satan tries to instill into my mind. I'm constantly reciting and remembering Doctrine and Covenants 6:36, "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." This scripture is pulling and pushing me through this unknown amount of time. How I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Basically, I want you to know that I KNOW that God is looking out for us no matter our situation or religious affiliation. We are all children of Him and He wants us to be a happy and joyful people. What a great thing to have - an omnipotent being rooting for us every step of the way. :o)

God bless.

p.s. If you happen to be LDS and have a favorite General Conference talk, I'd love for you to share it with me. I'm speaking in my congregation in a few weeks and have complete freedom in choosing my topic from a General Conference talk. However, I have no idea where to start - so please share your favorite talk of all time! Thanks!

0 comments: