Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Tender Mercy Tuesday - 56th Edition


Sometimes I dread doing my Tender Mercy Tuesday posts - I just don't feel like doing them on occasion, but it is always those times when I really DO need to do said meme posts. I always find myself more thankful for the little things in my life that help keep me happy.

Today's small thing is actually two small things. See...I was having a rough night yesterday. I was letting my emotions get the better of me and was struggling with a few personal matters. I knew that the doubts I were having were pointless - doubts don't come from God, but it didn't matter, I was still doubting and hesitating. Then, I read this quote that Roommate R left on my doorstep over a year ago when I was going through a hard time.
"Things work out; it isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out, don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in him, if we will pray to him, if we will live worthy of his blessings, he will hear our prayers." - President Gordon B. Hinckley
I love this quote. It always reminds me that everything will work out. I just need to do those things necessary to stay faithful to the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

My second thing is Soldier Boy. We talked for just a few minutes last night (unlike the normal hour or two that we usually go for) mostly because he wanted to make sure I got the sleep I needed. (he's way too good to me) I was happy just to hear his voice and get to talk to him even if it was only for a few minutes. Then I woke up this morning and noticed that he had texted me several hours later. That text message was filled with the exact words I was needing to hear. He's just so sweet and tender to me and knows exactly what I need and when I need it. I'm so grateful to have him in my life. :o)

Have a great Tuesday all!

0 comments: