Monday, June 29, 2009

R.I.P.

Senor Guapo passed emissions yesterday. But he failed safety. His brakes need help, the windshield needs help, there are some kind of power arms that need replacing...all in all, with labor, we're talking $840.39. More than Poor Senor Guapo is worth, trust me.

So where does that leave me? That leaves me with some car shopping to do. doesn't that sound exciting? in some ways, yes it does....in others NO!!!

I don't want to grow up and be old enough to have a car payment. It just doesn't sound like any fun at all. In fact, in many ways I am not looking forward to car shopping. My coworker D* said she'd have her husband (a mechanic) take a look and see if he can fix it for cheap, but I'm just not sure I want to put any more money into this car. I'll probably just buy a newer car.

Buying a new car is also not fun because my credit union doesn't want to give me an auto loan (they're being stupid. I have excellent credit.) I know that i'll be able to get one from a dealer, I'd just rather not. although, from what I understand, the economy is such that I'll probably be able to get a really good deal on a newish car. I've never had a car that's younger than me, so it will be fun. I think. maybe. we'll see.....

if you have any suggestions on where to go to get a car in Utah County, or what kind of cars you've had the best experience with...please let me know! Thanks a billion!

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Sorry about Senor Guapo. But I do love looking for new cars, and you should be able to get a great deal. Don't be afraid to haggle!

Chelsea said...

LOL! That sucks. I hate going through the whole car process. Having the credit union not give you a loan is very typical. I'm guessing that you dont have excellent credit solely based on the fact that you have never had a major loan since school loans dont count. You can go through the dealer, but careful who you go to, some are really shady and end up costing more even though they advertise a lower APR. My BIL is an excellent car guy and he would only recommed a Honda or Subaru. They both are excellent cars and are going to hold their value for a long time, so good if you are buying new or used. We got a car at a very crusty place in Springville on main street just north of Sonic. He was very crusty, but my dad went with us and fenagled a great deal...

Good LUCK!

Courtney said...

That is gross... but trust me- there are some killer deals on cars so you'll probably end up with a much better one for a great price!