Monday, March 16, 2009

it's over....

So, my life went on stage this weekend. well...practically my life. My senior project was performed this weekend in Ballet Showcase's show. My girls did a fabulous job and I was so proud of them. The piece ended beautifully and I was truly pleased with it.

There were 3 awesome things that happened in conjunction with my senior project.

1. SW one of my former instructors and directors of Ballet Showcase complimented me on a piece well done. She told me it touched her and she was impressed with how I had grown in my choreographic skill. This was HUGE because SW practically never compliments people. So I was rather happy about that.

2. SR another former instructor, former director of Ballet Showcase and current director of Theater Ballet was sitting right in front of me during the show Saturday night. Well the instant the curtain went down and the lights came up for intermission (my piece was directly prior to intermission) SR turned to me and praised me on a job well done. She too, was impressed by my growth from last year. She loved the piece and thought it beautiful.

3. Finally! My Aunt F and cousins C and DJ were able to come down (with the cousins' significant others. :o) ) to see the show. I hadn't seen them in a VERY long time, and it was so nice of them to come and see my piece! My aunt and I had a great time sitting next to each other during the show and during intermission we were able to discuss my process of creating "Arms of Safety."

After the show on Saturday night my family, SwingKid, and roommates all went to my apartment for Caramel Pecan Cheesecake. It was so good and a ton of fun to catch up with the fam. After they left SwingKid and I stayed up watching Big Bang Theory and talking. It was a fabulous weekend.

0 comments: