Saturday, October 06, 2007

Chicken Noodle Soup for the Conference Soul

:)

I am currently extremely content. I have accomplished many things today. Today was the first two sessions of the 177th Semi-Annual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Those first two sessions rocked! I made my traditional orange rolls for breakfast and commenced sitting on my couch typing like a mad woman taking notes for my Teachings of the Living Prophets class that is going to have a quiz on Conference. :S So far, I feel pretty good about it. Anyways.... Elder Henry B. Eyring is the new counselor in the First Presidency and Elder Quentin L. Cook is the new Apostle in the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. Rock on!

I then made homemade Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch, and CPM (who has been sick, the poor kid!) came over, and I took good care of him so that he'll get better faster. Chicken Noodle Soup is the for sure cure all, after all. :) Then during the second of session of Conference I was especially touched. Elder Wirthlin was amazing. For being so old, and struggling with his health he gave a really touching talk, and then when his shaking was getting almost to be almost too much for him, Elder Nelson stood up and helped him. Pretty much the sweetest thing I had seen all day. Elder Hollands talk also rocked the block. It was about how the church is Christian and he spoke on how Heavenly Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are all separate beings, and how they have to be. It was an amazingly strong talk. I loved it.

The rest of my evening was spent relaxing, writing a 4-page review of World of Dance, and watching Second-hand Lions with my roommate, her brother, and CPM. It was an enjoyable evening. :-D

0 comments: