Thursday, July 22, 2010

information overload

sometimes my poor brain seems to explode with too much information. how I wish I could have Professor Dumbledore's Pensieve and be able to put memories and other things in there so I can keep learning more and never forget anything. How awesome would that be?

Anyways, I feel like I should help spread the word so you are not (possibly) sad tomorrow. If you are like me and you use The Cutest Blog on the Block for your background you might have noticed a notice in the corner of your blog about having to get a new background. Basically, they've had to change their host for backgrounds and you'll need a new code for your blog's background. You can still get the same image, or get a new one! More information about the need for this update can be found on their blog here. Also, their server has been AWFULLY slow, but that should improve this afternoon (according to them). I'm currently looking at their site and I'll probably keep my owls (I love them lots) but then there's so many fun things. Sigh. I have addictive issues with changing my layout....it's way too fun.

Also. I currently love we heart it for fun and pretty pictures. It's a fun site and while not as awesome as flickr (as far as searching goes in my opinion) but the pictures are very pretty!

I read a book recently (not that that should surprise you) entitled Leaving Paradise. This book was recommended to me by Angie (read her review!). However, this book left me very raw and I haven't had to deal with raw emotions for a long time. In fact, I was quite the moody person on Tuesday and as SwingKid mentioned last night I was very "high maintenance" (his words not mine). Anyways. I haven't enjoyed dealing with the raw emotions and I definitely need to clean my reading palate. I have a few books on my shelf and I'm just trying to decide which one to read next. I think I'm going to go with the Mary Stewart one. :o)

Finally, I would love a "bad" Pensieve where I can put all the bad memories and then flush them down the toilet. Wouldn't that be nice? I can think of several instances where this would be absolutely beneficial for me. However, I'm sure that's not ever been in the "plan" but hey, a girl can dream right? good. I like my dreams. ;) peace out y'all.

1 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, Alicia, we are SO friends for SO many reasons! I really want the pensieve, too! And there shold be a toilet pensieve for icky memories, I agree. Love you, miss you!