Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Furloughs, Friends (new and old!), Fortune Cookies, and Fabulous Girly shopping

ALL IN ONE DAY!!! Yes, my dear internet blogging friends, I experienced all of those things listed above in one 24-hour period. Let's start at the beginning shall we? I always think that's a good place to start. Unlike my mother, who likes to read the ends of books and then read the rest of it....I am NORMAL!!!

So...Furlough Day. Wikepedia defines it as: "a temporary leave of absence from employment, duty in the armed services, or from a prison term. It may be voluntary or involuntary."

Mine is, involuntary, which basically means I have to take one day off every pay period. I am okay with this. Yesterday, was my furlough day and it gave me a 3-day weekend! Wahoo!! :o) I liked this. A lot. Because it led to the rest of my list!

Friends (new and old) -
I met Chillygator for lunch in SLC at P.F. Chang's and she brought HiccupMel with her! I was so excited to meet HiccupMel and what not. We had a blast!!!

Fortune Cookies-
Whilst at P.F. Chang's we got fortune cookies! I love fortune cookies! My fortune yesterday read: "Enjoy the good luck a companion brings you" so...SwingKid...bring me some good luck k? :) (some of you may be tempted to add "in bed" to the end...but I suggest a different approach...see xkcd)

and last but not least

Fabulous Girly shopping!!!!

I was in a mood to go shopping, so Sister B and I headed to the great mall in Orem and did some shopping. I got an adorable new dress. It is so pretty! It's very silky and stretchy. It's kind of a sageish green base with big brownish-gold toned flowers on it. It's a painted fabric that was painted after it was made, so it has parts where it's white and just really cool. SwingKid said it makes me look 'thin' and 'narrow' and he really likes the fabric. basically, I look super hot in it. I also got a couple new flower clips and some new perfume (i got velique and a whole bunch of other little samples from the body shop because they don't carry velique anymore {sad!} ) which SwingKid also likes. Yay for smelling good!!

Pretty much last night was good. Today I went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House
with Sister B and SwingKid. I wore said new dress, and it totally matched the decor on the inside. Seriously. I could stand against a wall and be a statue and no one would know the difference. :o)

Tomorrow I have a few fun things planned, including a Zumba class, picking up something for Chilly and something fun for me in the later evening hours. whee......

0 comments: