Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday fun

maybe. I haven't decided if today is going to be fun or not. see, i'm still sick and i managed to lose my voice somewhere between dinner with SwingKid's family and teaching ballet...and when you work customer service and don't have a voice, life is an adventure. :P OH! By the way, I had the best Filet Mignon last night cooked by SwingKid's brother. Oh my gosh. SO GOOD. sigh. I want more of it.

and here we go....

1. The lesson I learned yesterday was always have a Halls Breezers in my pocket. They saved my life yesterday and will do so again today..
2. Birthdays are where friends and family meet.
3. All these years without sickness and then WHAM I get the wickedest cold in the world..
4. The party was just getting started when I arrived.
5. The truth is I love being pampered when I'm sick but I hate BEING sick.
6. Sitting forever is what I remember most from that day.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to creating a poster (HAS to get done tonight. UGH), tomorrow my plans include hours of rehearsal and a teacher meeting and Sunday, I want to hopefully not be sick anymore!

p.s. SwingKid's work schedule has changed for the next however long he can handle it (full-time with school full-time) and so basically, I'm never, ever going to see him. SO if you want to play, please call me. I might just die for the next 4-6 weeks (the time he thinks he can last going at this rate) with no date nights. SO....yeah. Call me. Please. for my sanity.

4 comments:

Jules AF said...

I'm sorry you're sick and you lost your voice. That sucks!

Bill said...

Ooh, let me know! I like hanging out with Alishka! And with any luck (though without any reason), he'll get jealous and decide to stop his insanity that much sooner! ;-)

Also, the security word is "nicre" which just makes me smile for some reason.

Courtney said...

Hehe, I'm sure jealous of your steak. Ummm, that sounds good.

I'm constantly looking for ice hockey buddies on the weekends- if you are ever available and want to come! ;-)

Unknown said...

Wait! Pick me...Pick ME! I'll call you! (When is the key...and of course it's only for a phone conversation, since I'm 2,000+ miles away.) But, I'll call. I promise.

Your Dad