Friday, February 02, 2007

Happy Groundhog Day!!!

All righty...so I find it highly entertaining how much we base the weather on animals. Did you know that there is sooo much irony in this whole Groundhog Day thing? Take for example this year, Mr. Phil didn't see his shadow, therefore we will have an early spring. But what does that mean? What is an early spring? Honestly!

Let's take last year for another example. Mr. Phil DID see his shadow so everyone went on and on about how there was now going to be 6 more weeks of winter. Well, hello people, the first day of spring isn't until March 21st, and guess what? That's in 6 weeks!!!! So no matter what happens with Mr. Phil the expert groundhog, there will be 6 more weeks of winter. Now, that 6 weeks of 'winter' just might be nicer and feel more like spring, but if we're going to be technical, it's still winter. Not spring.
(See this link for hilariousness... http://www.groundhog.org/prediction/)

Now to end on a happy note because I hate being so negative, I am excited for spring. I am happy we will have an 'early' spring whatever that means...and I'm ready for green grass to run through barefoot. Care to join me? ;)

0 comments: