Monday, December 05, 2011

"it's busy season!"

that is our  go-to phrase here at work these days. My coworker is super cute when she says it to justify our three-week lead time on our product. The months of November/December are always crazy in the office, but this year it seems to be amplified 100x or so. Life is INSANE around the office.

Anyways. Seeing as how it's been almost a week since I last posted I figured a bullet-point list would be the best way to catch you up on my awesome life. (seriously, life is uber awesome.)

  • Monkey Man is the sweetest guy in the whole wide world and I'm the luckiest girl ever. Seriously. I catch myself staring at him all the time and thinking to myself, "how did I get so lucky?" things are good.
  • Went to Temple Square on Saturday night w/Monkey Man and another couple to see the lights, go to dinner (Z'Tejas @ Gateway. okay food. not my favorite restaurant) and then party it up at the Clark Planetarium. We took fun pictures on the moon and mars. It was a blast (although VERY cold).
  • Had the annual Christmas tour day for my ballet company. that was a day full of driving and stuff. Nothing bad happened and it was a pretty good day overall. 
  • Made Aebelskivers last night w/Sister B and her husband and Monkey Man. Also, we watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional and played games. It was fun times. 
  • during the course of this week, Monkey Man and I have something together to do/attend 5/7 days. :o) I'm very excited about this.
  • I'm finding it hard to believe that it's been a year. Part of me is shocked it has only been a year. At times it feels longer. 
  • I'm addicted to cherry coridal kisses and m&ms. :o) yummy.
  • I haven't been very good about going to the gym the past week or so. My trainer is going to kill me.
  • I get to party it up with my ballet girls tonight. I'm rather excited to see all my friends. It's been awhile.
  • I leave for VA in 16 days. EEK! Christmas is going to be here before I know it. :P
  • I need an idea for a mass gift for my RS sisters. Any and all ideas are welcome. a DIY project is not really feasible at this point, but I need to keep cost down as well....so yeah. Please suggest something. ;)
  • My office was a brisk 56 degrees Fahrenheit this morning. SO COLD. Stupid next door office that controls the thermostat and doesn't leave it on during the weekends. :P
  • The world is very, very small. Roommate R (one of my favorite persons EVER) is friends with someone that Monkey Man knows as well. Insane how small the world is. ESPECIALLY in Utah.
Basically, I'm really  busy with life in general but I'm super happy, twitterpated, and joyful as an elf.  :o) Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

erin said...

A mass gift? You need something for everyone? Are you in a presidency? (Heck I ought to try and think of something for ourselves as well.) Try something simple that can be part of a budget if you have one, like a photo of Christ from the distribution center and sign the back with your testimony. Or get some bags of candy, some cute plastic bags and ribbon, and create a DIY candy version. Um...

Artista said...

"durking" exactly what is that and how do you do it? Can i try? Is it legal in Ut.?