Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Olympia, Washington Tacoma, Washington Cincinnati, Ohio Bloomington, Indiana Springfield, Missouri Ann Arbor, Michigan Seattle, Washington Kent, Washington Provo-Orem, Utah Boise, Idaho Colorado Springs, Colorado Anchorage, Alaska Bellingham, Washington Overland Park, Kansas Topeka, Kansas Rochester, Minnesota Fort Collins, Colorado Denver, Colorado Salt Lake City, Utah Grand Rapids, Michigan Spokane, Washington Great Falls, Montana Evansville, Indiana Ogden, Utah
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
so i volunteered (actually it was more like would you? and i said yes...) to work for commencement on friday. doing this earned me a free lunch at the Thai Ruby on monday with everyone else that worked my particular college's commencement (the college i work for, not school for...) well....in going to this lunch i got better acquainted with the dean's office student secretary (how about DS for short?) and met 2 people from the advisment center (about advisment girl, and advisment boy?) so...we were all talking, and advisement boy (now AB) asks AG (advisement girl) who has a bf who is out of town to go to the symphony with him that night, because DS has a date with AB's friend, and then he mentions that his other roommate needs a date, and DS and AG decide that AB should set me up with AB's Roommate. got that? SO....I say sure, and he says he'll call me at work after lunch to confirm details.
1:50 rolls around and AB calls me, and asks if I still want to go, I say sure and he says that his roommate (we'll call him the Blind Date or BD) will be taking me, we're going out to dinner and to be ready at 6:30p. So BD is late in picking me up because AB got lost, which is all good and off we went. We went to Rumbi Grill (which has the best food i think of many places that I have been to eat) and then we went to the Utah Symphony. Which was AMAZING!!! They played an evening of dances so it included many a Hungarian, Slavanic dances, AND they played stuff from Swan Lake (I SO wanted to get up and dance!!) and they played the Summer movement from Vivaldi's Four Seasons. It was beautiful. and I loved it. And the date wasn't awkward AT ALL. Unlike my last blind date...so yeah. Way fun. And my date is going to be a Law Student this fall, and he had a great sense of humor and put me at ease almost immediately. It was great. and so...now I leave you. Ciao.
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Okay here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be lame and spoil the fun! Just copy (not forward) this entire e-mail and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you. Some of you may get this several times. That means you have lots of friends.
1. What is your full name? Alishka Babushka
2. What color pants are you wearing? jeans
3. What are you listening to right now? Defying Gravity, from Wicked
4. What was the last thing you ate? Gandalfo’s New York Yankee sandwhich and a White Chocolate Chip cookie.
5. Do you wish on stars? Yes.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Sunshine yellow
7. How is the weather right now? Sunny and very warm
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Someone asking about the Ling BA program
9. Do you like the person who sent this you? yep. She’s my sister!
10. Who sent this to you and how do you know them? My sister, Breezy
11. How old are you today? 20
12. Favorite drink? Orange passion mango juice
13. Favorite sport? To watch, football, to play Ultimate Frisbee or Frisbee Golf (Disc Golf)
14. Hair color? Brown/blonde
15. Do you wear contacts? Yeah, I do.
16. Siblings? Yep.
17. Favorite month? March-June, September
18. Favorite food? Yummy food.
19. What was the last movie you saw? Finding Nemo.
20. What do you do to vent anger? Uh….get mad? Cry? It depends.
21. What was your favorite toy as a child? Dress ups
22. Summer or winter? Both have their good things and their bad things, but usually summer is better.
23. Hugs or kisses? Oh I like both! But kisses are sooo much better than hugs, but hugs are good.
24. Chocolate or vanilla? Again it depends, but chocolate is good stuff.
25. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? Uh, not sending this to my friends. Just you.
26. Who is most likely to respond? You, if anyone
27. who is probably not going to respond? Everyone else.
28. When was the last time you cried? Saturday.
29. Who is the friend you have had the longest? My friend from Indiana
30. What did you do last night? Went to ballet class, had an appointment with the bishop, went to bed.
31. What are you afraid of? Never graduating, or getting married.
32. Living arrangements? My apartment with 4 roommates
33. Favorite smell? rain, boys…when they smell good. :D
34. Top 2 favorite songs? Today, A Little Fall of Rain, and Defying Gravity
35. What is an embarrassing story about yourself? Mmm…once I called a friend by his younger brother’s name. oops…
36. What is your favorite number? 7
37. Describe your life in one word: exciting
38. When's your birthday: March 7
39. What are your hobbies: ballet, flirting, dating, playing.
40. Who have (do) you had (have) a crush on? Well…wouldn’t you like to know?
41. What are your nicknames? Alishka babushka, licii, arope…etc
anyways, this particular lunch date was with a boy that i met at the dance lab a week ago today. He was very nice, asked me to dance many times, and I had a lot of fun dancing with him. So he picked me up at home and off we went. We went to Gandolfo's followed by a cookie at the cookie place just two doors down. We had a lot of fun and got a chance to just talk. I could see him asking me out again, and I would say yes....but I don't know when that will happen. lol. all in all it was just fun.
on another note, i get to help work at graduation on friday, which will be fun. :D and i get to get off work early tomorrow due to commencement.
also, i am sore b/c of class last night, i hadn't danced in a week. man, i'm sore, but i'll survive. I think. until then, ciao
Thursday, August 10, 2006
so what makes my weekend so exciting? well...let me tell you why
- it's the weekend, that in of itself is an exciting thing.
- tomorrow, my dad is taking me to lunch. yay. (unless his flight never comes home due to the raised levels of security, although i highly doubt it, he's only in chicago.)
- i am going out to dinner with my family tomorrow ! huzzah (meal #2 that is free....)
- friday: wedding reception for a friend from high school...i can't believe she's getting married.
- saturday i am going to park city to the outlet stores w/the fam. yay for new clothes!!
- saturday: I am going to go and see Step Up with my friend. i am really excited!
oh and a guy from the dance lab last night asked for my number...and wants to take me to lunch. that makes me super happy. :D
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
anyways, so with my alarm clock set for 6 am i go to bed. and i wake up at 5:58 with a need to go to the bathroom like there is no tomorrow. i try to hold it, turning over in my bed, when my alarm clock goes off. i jump out of bed, turn off the alarm and run to the bathroom where i thank God for coming up with some way to get me out of bed. let it be known that today was the first time in like a week that i actually woke up before all 3 alarms had gone off. huzzah.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
in fact, its raining right now, so if you get the chance, you should go puddle jumping today, i know you won't regret it!